the reckoning

AVY crouched low. The room was silent, the occasional loud breath but they were hidden, until the light was turned on. Matt had moved into the room, flicking the light on and triggering the many mouse traps laid across the floor.

"Oh come on!" Caroline exclaimed "Seriously? Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!"

"Forgot about Senior Prank Night, huh?" Tyler questioned with a grin.

"Clearly" Matt laughed.

"How could you forget?" Caroline interrogated "We've only been waiting for this since , like, Freshman year"

"Yeah Matt" Elena agreed "If I'm doing this, you're doing this"

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this" Matt admitted with a smile.

"Caroline's making us" Avy grinned.

"We're about to be seniors!" Caroline explained "These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't-"

"And if we don't create these memories now..." Elena interrupted.

"Then what's the point of it all" Avy finished with a smirk.

"Go ahead and make fun" Caroline whined "I don't care"

Avy grinned, reaching behind him to pull Caroline into a tight hug, the blonde smiling brightly as she hugged him back tighter.

"You're all lame" Tyler grinned "And I've got ten more classrooms to prank"

Tyler grabbed his bag, dodging out of the classroom, ready to wreak havoc. Elena stood, Avy moving with her.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie wondered.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut" Avy stated with a smirk.

"We're making memories" Elena added with a smile.

"I love you!" Caroline called.

Avy laughed, seeing Tyler stood further up the corridor, planning his next prank with members of the football team.

"Come on" Elena laughed.

They moved through the hallway, Avy placing his arm across the girl's shoulders. Elena pushed open the door in front of them, gasping, Avy pulling her back as Klaus stood behind it.

"There you are" Klaus grinned sadistically.

"Elena, go!" Avy pushed the girl who began moving, running.

The girl didn't make it far, the hybrid speeding in front of her, grabbing her by the throat.

"You are supposed to be dead" He hissed "What are we going to do about that?"

Avy snarled at the hybrid, brown eyes meeting blue.

-

Klaus pulled them through the hallway, holding Elena's arm tightly, grasping the back of Avy's shirt, pushing him ahead.

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart" Klaus spoke "The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids, I haven't been able to do that, now my bet is it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing"