o come all ye faithful

Start from the beginning

"We need to get our hands on that sword, like today" Avy answered "Tyler and his hybrids are taking out Klaus tonight"

-

Avy exhaled deeply as he ripped the handle from the vault in Klaus's house, groaning as they opened it to reveal the sword missing. Stefan pulled his phone out, calling his brother.

"It's not in here" Stefan sighed "We don't know where it is"

"Well, he's not walking around with it" Damon said "Check the rest of the house"

"We are, we haven't found anything" Avy said.

"Try the sock drawer" Damon suggested "People leave the sketchiest stuff in sock drawers"

"I'm gonna need real ideas, Damon" Stefan said.

Avy rummaged through old trunks that laid about the house.

"Here's two, kill Tyler before he goes to Klaus or, since Klaus has suddenly become MVP in our relay race for the cure, tell him about the hybrids and he'll kill Tyler" Damon suggested.

Avy read through the long handwritten letters, the French doing nothing to stop him, the boy remembering the AP French he took in his first year at high school.

"Nobody's killing Tyler" Avy said "I can't even think what Caroline would do"

"Hello? Stefan?" Damon asked.

"Look, I know it's a touchy subject, but do you know where Elena is today?" Stefan wondered.

"I think she's running around...trying to figure out how to deprogram Jeremy" Damon said.

"How'd she take it last night? You telling her to stay away from you?" Stefan asked.

"Not well" Damon answered.

"You okay?" Stefan questioned.

"Peachy" Damon spoke "Gotta go, Bonnie has enlisted Dr. Evil in her plan and I have to thwart him"

-

"Hey" Avy greeted as Caroline moved towards him.

"Hey, did you find the sword?" She asked.

"Nope" He sighed.

"What are we gonna do now?" Caroline asked.

"Klaus is the only shot we have at finding the cure, we need him" Stefan said "Tyler has to call it off"

"Well, that's not gonna happen" Tyler said.

Tyler moved towards them, glaring at Caroline.

"You told him?" He questioned "I've had twelve hybrids sworn to secrecy for a month, I have Hayley and a witch risking their lives and you're blabbing my plan to him?"

"Look, all we're asking you for is a little bit of time, okay?" Avy said.

"How long? An hour? A day? Because every minute that goes by that we don't do this, they're at risk" Tyler argued "You and Klaus already served one of them up for Jeremy to kill,  I don't owe you anything"