we all go a little mad sometimes

Începe de la început

Each of the vampires listened in with their enhanced hearing as Stefan answered the phone.

"I don't want to talk about it" Stefan began.

"Well, I can't imagine why, what with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid filled future" Klaus began.

"Well, it wouldn't have happened, if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy" Stefan argued, Damon nodding at him.

"Well, life's full of ifs, Stefan, but let's accentuate the positives, shall we?" Klaus asked "The hunter was one of five, we'll find another, it may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?"

"You're using your calm voice today" Avy spoke up "Who's getting killed?"

"Not you, if that's what you're worried about" Klaus began "I am concerned about the Salvatore's beloved, have the hallucinations started yet?"

"What do you know about that?" Stefan exchanged a wary look with Damon.

"I'll tell you" Klaus said "Where are you?"

"I'm at her house" Stefan answered.

"How convenient, so am I" Klaus hung up as he knocked on the door.

Avy rolled his eyes, he and Stefan moving to the front door, exiting to stand before Klaus.

"You know, this would all be a lot more civilised if I was just invited inside" Klaus suggested.

"It's bad enough we're out here talking to you" Stefan began "What do you know?"

"I killed the original five hunters, remember?" Klaus smirked "When one kills a hunter, there's a bit of a consequence"

"What kind of consequence?" Avy wondered, perching on the porch swing.

"The hunters were spelled by witches to kill vampires" Klaus started "If you prevent one from fulfilling his destiny then he'll take you down with him"

"What do you mean?" Stefan furrowed his brow "Connor's dead"

"I mean, Connor's death won't prevent him from making Elena his final vampire kill" Klaus replied "She'll need to come with me now, I'll lock her up, keep her away from any sharp wooden objects"

"She's not going anywhere with you" Stefan argued as Avy tilted his head.

"Well, if we leave her alone, she'll take her own life before the day is out" Klaus informed.

"She's stronger than that" Stefan denied.

"Is she?" Klaus wondered "Believe me, it's for her own good"

Elena suddenly rushed from the house, pausing before Klaus and Stefan, Klaus suddenly speeding towards her, grabbing her and speeding off.

-

"You lost her?" Bonnie questioned as they stood in the kitchen.

"Well, "lost" is a very strong word, we just technically don't know where she is" Damon said.

"I'm more worried about what Klaus said about this hunter's curse" Stefan sighed.