C56

They were even?

Kang Jia felt like she had just heard the biggest joke in the world. Just because Choi So-hee didn't want to pursue the matter didn't mean she would let it go.

"I've already sent you the evidence, but you can't blame me for not looking at it. I have the original documents here, you can take a look for yourself," Kang Jia said as she pulled out a file from her bag.

Meanwhile, she played the recording of Lim Min Ji's conversation with someone on her phone. It clearly showed how she paid for the murder.

Choi So-hee felt like she had been hit in the head. So, she was the clown.

She fell to the ground and muttered to herself as she stared at the evidence in her hands.

Inside the file, there was a transaction record, a screenshot of the surveillance footage and an authenticated report.

At this time, Haneul and Choi So-hee's parents rushed over to meet Kang Jia.

"Dad, Mom!" Choi So-hee immediately cried.

The two elders had been through a lot in the past few days and had become indifferent to life and death. It was already a miracle that they were still alive to see their daughter.

The three of them hugged each other tightly, unable to calm down.

"Miss Kang, thank you so much. We apologize on behalf of my daughter. Please forgive her," Choi So-hee's mother said as she pulled her husband to kneel down.

"Dad, Mom, don't do this, don't..."

Choi So-hee fell to her knees and tried to pull the two of them up.

But, Choi So-hee's parents had already made up their minds. It was as if they wouldn't get up if Kang Jia didn't forgive them.

Kang Jia sighed and nodded her head, telling them to leave.

Only then did Choi So-hee's parents leave with Choi So-hee as if they had just been pardoned.

After Choi So-hee settled the two of them down, she immediately drove over to find Lim Min Ji.

She threw the evidence onto the table in front of Lim Min Ji and asked her for an explanation.

But, to Choi So-hee's surprise, Lim Min Ji did not deny it at all. Instead, she told her everything about how she tortured her parents.

"Min Ji, why are you doing this to me?" Choi So-hee's eyes were red as she felt the anger and frustration from being tricked.

Lim Min Ji took a sip of her coffee and sneered, "You don't have a brain. Using you to do things for me is the best choice. It's a pity that you didn't destroy Kang Jia. I've overestimated your abilities."

It was as if a human life was worthless in her mouth and all she cared about was whether or not she had achieved what she wanted.

Choi So-hee was terrified. This was a far cry from the gentle and considerate Lim Min Ji that she used to be.

One had to be shrewd and cunning to be able to do this.