C33

“I am mean to her?” Kang Jia sneered.

“Kim Taehyung, the death of your child still rankles, right? Let me tell you, Lim Min Ji was the one who set fire at the hotel before! She was the one who caused your child’s death,” Kang Jia said word by word.

At the mention of the child, Kim Taehyung turned pale.

“How could it be? Min Ji is spoilt so she was rude to you before. But she would never do something like that.”

Kang Jia felt that he was ridiculous. The good impression Kim Taehyung had left on her was completely gone.

‘Only he is so stupid to believe Lim Min Ji is innocent,’ Kang Jia thought.

Kang Jia had thought Kim Taehyung had finally known what kind of person Lim Min Ji was.

“President Kim, could you go investigate Lim Min Ji and see how shrewd she is? You don’t have to argue with me. I don’t want to waste my time arguing with you,” Kang Jia said with a disdainful smile and then looked at Kim Taehyung with an indifferent look.

She felt lucky that she did not believe what he said before. Otherwise, she would be in the depth of despair again.

Seeing that Kang Jia was treating him as indifferently as before, Kim Taehyung felt distressed.

“Jia, calm down. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you.” Kim Taehyung frowned as he tried to speak in a gentle voice.

“No need. All you need to do is let Lim Min Ji send my best friend back to me!” A cold look appeared on Kang Jia’s delicate face.

As she spoke, she suddenly felt dizzy and then fainted.

When she woke up again, it was already in the evening.

Kim Taehyung, who was sitting by the bed and closing his eyes, looked exhausted.

Kang Jia ignored him. It was late, but there was still no news from Kang Dae-Hyun and Park Chaeyong.

When Kim Taehyung opened his eyes, he saw Kang Jia trying to get up.

He stopped her and said, “The doctor said you should have a good rest. A pregnant woman shouldn’t be too emotional.”

Hearing this, Kang Jia subconsciously touched her lower abdomen.

She then realized that she fainted before.

“I’ve already sent someone to investigate Min Ji. There will be news soon. Don’t worry,” Kim Taehyung said as he looked at Kang Jia with gentle and deep eyes.

“No need. Thanks, President Kim!” Kang Jia shook his hand off and said with her eyes filled with disdain.

She had not forgotten that he spoke for Lim Min Ji when she came to him for help.

Kim Taehyung pursed his lips and didn’t say anything. He stood up, poured a glass of water for her, and then peeled an apple.

“Jia, I know you’re still angry with me, but you are pregnant now. Don’t let your emotions get the better of you, okay?” Kim Taehyung said gently.