C47

“My silly daughter, how could we not know that something happened to you?” Ha Ji-Won stepped forward and hugged Kang Jia.

It had only been a few days since they last saw each other, but Ha Ji-Won felt like his daughter had lost weight and his heart ached.

How could his daughter, whom he pampered so much, suffer so much?

Kang Jia shook her head and smiled as she said, “Mom, I’m fine. It was all thanks to Sang-Jun oppa that I was saved.”

At the mention of Kang Sang-Jun, Kang Jung-il flew into a rage and said, “What’s the point of raising him? How could he let something happen to his sister in his own hospital? How useless!”

Useless… ugh..

Kang Jia couldn’t help but laugh.

If Kang Sang-Jun found out that his father was talking about him like that, he would probably be exasperated.

Kang Jia grabbed Kang Jung-il’s arm and pulled him into a chair. Afterwards, she turned around and poured him a glass of orange juice.

“I’m not in the mood to drink this!” Kang Jung-il scoffed. The more he thought about it, the angrier he got.

From their father’s appearance, Sang-Jun was probably going to be in trouble.

Kang Jia immediately said, “Dad, please don’t blame Sang-Jun. He is my savior.”

“Savior? Hmph, I think it’s their fault. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be in danger all the time. These kids are too idle!” Kang Jung-il angrily placed his glass on the table.

Even the table shook.

At this time, Kang Jia’s brothers walked in.

“Dad, Mom.”

After calling out in unison, they lowered their heads and stopped talking.

They felt guilty because they had promised Kang Jia that they wouldn’t let her get hurt, but a few days later, something happened to Kang Jia.

“You guys…”

Just as Kang Jung-il was about to lose his temper, he was interrupted by Kang Jia.

“Dad, my brothers are so nice to me, so stop scolding them. I was too impulsive, so you can’t blame them!” Kang Jia looked at Kang Jung-il pitifully with a pleading look in her eyes.

Kang Jung-il’s heart melted. His precious daughter had spoken, so how could he not listen?

Kang Jung-il looked at his sons and rolled his eyes. He was still angry as he said, “Let me tell you, I won’t punish you guys this time because Jia begged for mercy. If this happens again, get out of the Kang family. I don’t have any sons like you guys!”

But, Kang Jia knew that her father’s anger had basically died down.

The boys finally let out a sigh of relief and began to play around. Kang Jia interjected from time to time.

It had been a long time since the family had chatted and played together so casually.

At this time, the housekeeper suddenly knocked on Kang Jia’s door and told her that a guest was looking for Kang Jia. Her name was Choi So-hee.