Dick Grayson x Bruce!Daughter!Reader

Start from the beginning

"You rushed in without thinking! What were you thinking?!" Dad asked me. I glared at him.

"I was thinking I had a handle on the situation. I took out 70% of the thugs here! But it's "oh is Nightwing ok" how about me?" I sassed crossing my arms.

"I was going to check on you." Dad said. He says that but I know it wouldn't be as concerned as it would be for his boys.

"Oh my gosh. I'm patrolling alone tonight. I need some alone time." I said flying off to the run down parts of Gotham. There is rarely ever crime here but it when there is it gets bad. I went from rooftop to rooftop hoping for something. Even just petty theft. I happened across some suspicious activity. Barrels being moved into a warehouse. Seeing Black Mask and Deadshot confirmed my suspicions. I took out my camera and took pictures. I stealthily snuck onto the roof and looked at the skylight. I snuck in and opened a barrel. I saw it was gunpowder. Barrels of gunpowder. It already filled half of this warehouse. I snuck over to a table and took pictures of all the papers laying around. I could solve this at home. Right when I saw people coming over I slid behind some barrels.

"Do we really have to move all this shit?" One of them asked. I heard a smack and then heavy stomping.

"Dumbass don't smoke in here. There's gunpowder in these barrels. Whatcha trying to do light the whole place up?" The other scolded.

"'ight my bad calm down. Can't believe we have to make all these fucking rockets." The first said. Rockets?

"Don't ask questions. It just gets you into more trouble. Let's just get these outta here." The second said before I heard them groaning. I ziplined up to the skyline again and looked for the lab they used to make the bombs. I followed those guys and saw a large assembly line. I dropped down and snagged a bomb. Seeing how it's made will help us prepare for it they were small and handheld which made me wonder what they were planning. I was going to leave when Dick showed up. He pulled me aside and glared at me.

"Why didn't you call for backup? This is huge!" He whisper shouted. I glared at him.

"My gut is telling me something bigger is happening. If we stop this we won't find out. We need to investigate. Why are you following me anyway?!" I whispered back. He looked like a deer and headlights.

"This." I said holding up the bomb. "Is my case. I don't need you trying to take it out from under me. I don't need your help so drop it." I continue. He glared at me again before his eyes widened. He kicked the bomb from my hand and then it went off. I heard the explosion and then felt pain in my right side where I was carrying the bomb. Dick grabbed my hand and ran with me. But I was in so much pain that I started to black out.

"(Y/n)? (Y/N)?!" I heard before I blacked out.

~Time Skip~

I opened my eyes and was blinded by white lights. It made my pounding headache worse. I just held my head but saw my arm bandages up. My arm and my torso. I looked in my other arm and saw an IV probably loaded with pain meds. Looking towards the foot of my bed I saw my personal items. My suit and utility items were in there. Which means I'm at the watch tower med bay. Being looked after by high paid doctors sworn to secrecy. I pressed the call button and a nurse came in a bit later with a doctor.

"What happened?" I asked trying to sit up. They rushed over and put their hands on my shoulders.

"Thats not the best idea right now (Y/s/n). You came in with first, second, and third degree burns on the right side of your body. We cleaned them and stopped the bleeding before bandaging them up. Right now there is still some swelling and we don't want you to pop your stitches. But this will leave residual scarring. We can talk about skin grafts to reduce the appearance of the scarring once you've had some time to process but it will take multiple operations due to the size of the burns." The doctor said. I nodded and took a deep breath.