He'll Always Come Back

Lu_the_rat I was very motivated today, so thanks for the request! I hope it didn't go too dark for you, and I hope you enjoy!

TW: Panic attacks, bullying, claustrophobia, gore + graphic descriptions, suicidal thoughts, mentions of death, mental illness, abuse, and last but not least, swearing

---

Tommy just wanted to be a good brother. That's all he ever wanted. To be a good brother, a good son, a good friend, a good vice president. So even when he was tired, even when he was starving, even when he disagreed, even when he was scared, he stayed and he helped - or at least, he always came back. He never left anyone behind; he was always the one left behind.

"Wilbur! Wilbur, help, please!" Tommy called out desperately, already feeling air enter and exit his lungs faster as the pressure from the piston on his spine increased. He heard footsteps come over and a shadow blocked out the sliver of light coming in through the rocks.

"Tommy?!" the voice of his president said, amusement clear. Tommy felt his face heat in embarrassment.

"I'm stuck. Please, Wilbur, could you get me out?"

A moment passed, and then Wilbur started laughing. Great heaps of hysterics fell out of his lungs in waves, his body bending over from the weight of his own laughter. "T-Tubbo! You've got to see this!"

Oh God. Oh no. Why couldn't he just get him out? Why couldn't Wilbur be a good brother, for once?

Tubbo joined Wilbur in laughing. Even Technoblade lumbered over to see what the commotion was about and let out a few chuckles at the pitiful sight of Tommy being crushed under the pistons, shining blue eyes looking up desperately, darting between the three of them.

"Can you please just get me out? I- It's starting to g-get hard to breathe."

"Oh, please," Wilbur said with a snicker. "Stop being so dramatic. You got yourself into this situation; you don't get to make up excuses to get yourself out."

Tubbo, still wiping tears from the corners of his eyes, chimed in. "We should close him in, let him sit under the weight of his own stupidity for a little while."

Technoblade sighed, heavy footfalls signaling his exit.

"Please don't leave me here. Just break the blocks and let me out, please. Please."

"No, Tommy," Wilbur said with a smirk. His deep brown eyes turned almost a shade of red from the dim light and tall shadows of the ravine cast over his face. 

Tubbo left, laughter still echoing behind him, yet Wilbur stayed, looking down at Tommy. "W-Wilby. Please just let me out."

"Don't call me that."

Wilbur walked backward a few paces and his face disappeared from view as he placed stone in front of the entrance, blocking out all light.

Panic truly set in.

Tommy's heaving breaths echoed against the walls, coming back at him and reminding him there was only so much air in a place as small as this. Oh God, he was wasting it all. He was wasting it all.

The pressure from the piston had been steadily increasing since he'd fallen underneath it, but it was reaching truly awful levels. Tommy was worried something would snap.

Whenever he gulped enough air into his lungs to get any sound out, he screamed with everything in him for help.

This was what he was reduced to. Stuck in a cave under the weight of his own mistakes. Everything was his fault. He'd probably done something to anger Wilbur in the past few days; it was the only explanation for his treatment of Tommy. Because if there was anything Tommy could use right now, it was an explanation. This couldn't just be happening for no reason. It had to be someone's fault. It had to be his fault.