Twins

A/N - this is for Chillin_JJ, I really hope you like it! I loved the prompt but I also wanted to write something with Drista, so I decided to combine them. It still follows the idea, except it's not Tommy who Dream impersonates. Buckle up, this one's a bit lengthy.

TW: Detailed gore, swearing

"Dream, please, I can't go in there-"

"Tommy, listen to me. You need to get your ass in the cell, you don't have a choice. I'm a God, don't try to test me."

"Excuse me?"

The two turned their heads to the source of the voice, a girl standing at the end of the corridor. "I think the fuck not," She growled. Dream looked up at her in bafflement, hand still resting on Tommy's collar from where he had tried to drag him into the cell. Tommy, however, was smiling for the first time in months.

"You're back?" He murmured. He felt the rush of an old, powerful feeling fill his veins and return his strength, and looked in wonder at the familiar face staring at him from the end of the hall, wearing a similar expression. The girl smiled and opened her arms. 

Tommy rose up, wounds forgotten. Dream shouted and tried to grab him, but the teen just pushed him off with strength he shouldn't have and made his way towards the girl. They collided in a tight hug and she squeezed her eyes shut, pulling Tommy close to her before she opened her eyes to glare at Dream. "Well, if it isn't my little prodigy," She seethed from over Tommy's shoulder. She left the hug and stalked towards the masked man.

The once-powerful admin of the server was reduced to cowering mess on the floor. "Drista, Your Highness, I'm sorry-"

"Cut the bullshit, you know no one calls me 'Your Highness'. And claiming you're a God? Really? I knew you had a big ego, that's why I picked you. But I never thought you would try to claim my title as soon as I was incarcerated. I'm disappointed," She tsked. "Well, I am a God!" He rebuked. "You gave me your powers-"

"An incredibly small portion of them! Do you know how weak you actually are? You can do a fraction of what I'm capable of. You don't even know the history of the Gods." Drista spoke like she was scolding a child, which only enraged Dream. "Drista, I really am sorry, but this server is mine and I'm in charge here. Give me Tommy and punish me later, I don't care, but he is mine."

"Yours?" The boy spoke up from behind Drista. "You think you control me? Wow Drista, we really do have an idiot on our hands," He snickered. Dream went to pull out his sword, but Drista shot him one withering look and his hand was back in front of him, squeezed in a tight fist.

"Tommy, you're absolutely right. I think it's high time he shut up." Dream tried to speak up but found he wasn't capable of words. Literally. His mouth wouldn't open, his vocal cords wouldn't make a noise, and he was reduced to silence. 

With that, the younger two looked at each other, and Drista lifted her mask, a sorrowful expression revealed underneath. "I'm sorry. It was stupid of me to trust him, I just thought-"

"You thought he would be a good vessel, I know. I appreciate you trying to protect me."

"Exactly, I tried to protect you, and I did the opposite. I trusted a human who turned me into the Council, got your powers taken away, and tortured you. I'd say that's the opposite of protecting you."

Dream looked on with wide eyes, slowly putting the puzzle pieces together.

"It's nothing I can't handle, Dris. You know that," He said with a smile, soothing her worries a little. "I missed you," She responded simply after a beat.