Cover Your Ears

A/N - This is a request for jessiloon, thank you for sending it to me! This is the 'golden brother content' one. Hope you enjoy! 

TW: Shouting, swearing

Tommy woke up with a groan, rubbing his eyes. He looked around his room blearily, before his mind cleared and a smile stretched his face. Techno was coming to visit today! He leaped out of bed and dashed downstairs with the intent to get a big bowl of cereal, but halfway down the steps, he stopped. Phil and Wilbur were fighting again. It was nothing new, but the more he listened, the more his mood darkened, because today's topic seemed to be him.

 "He needs to grow the fuck up!" Phil growled from the other room. "PHIL! He's still a kid! I get that he can be annoying sometimes, but can you cut him some slack for once? I mean seriously, you're being a shit father."

"Oh, you want to talk to me about being a shit father? You haven't seen your son in years because he hates you. He's been adopted by Eret, for fuck's sake. Don't lecture me about parenting."

"Too far, Phil. Fundy and I are nothing like you and Tommy. Besides, if I'm so awful, then you should be better than me. I don't want what happened to Fundy and me to happen to you and Tommy."

"Well, maybe I do! Maybe I want him to hate me so I don't have to see him! Maybe I want him to move out and never visit me! I'd be much happier."

There was silence for a moment, then Wilbur sighed heavily. "I can't believe you. Cherish him, because he'll probably get himself killed soon. You won't be so glad about missing him when he's got a sword through his chest because Dream thought he was too annoying. It's your job to teach him a lesson, but he's never going to learn not to be a complete shit if you refuse to interact with him, and then it's going to be your fault."

The only thing Tommy could hear through the ringing in his ears was the footsteps on the stairs behind him. Wait-

"Techno?" He said quietly, turning around. "Hey Theseus," The man said affectionately, but his eyebrows were drawn tight in concern. "Are they always-"

"What were you doing upstairs?" Tommy asked, interrupting him. "Visiting my old room," Techno responded quickly, waving it off. "Tommy, are they always like that? How often do they argue?"

"Every few days," Tommy shrugged. "It's not always about me, you just happened to get to hear that today."

"Dickheads," growled the pig hybrid. "I should go teach them a lesson." He made his way around Tommy, but the boy grabbed his arm to stop him. "No, they're right. I need to stop being annoying, and if you barge in there because I couldn't handle the truth, it's only going to further prove their point."

"But Tommy," Techno started, stress in his voice. "This is wrong. You-"

More shouting erupted from the kitchen, and Tommy flinched. They were explosive today. 

From the stairs below him, Techno cringed and sighed, putting his face in his hands. He turned around to sit on the stair beside Tommy. "Come here, little man." He pulled Tommy into his arms, and the younger awkwardly shifted around, slowly getting comfortable in his brother's warmth as he let his head rest on Techno's shoulder. 

Techno draped his cape around Tommy, and if the blond could purr, he would. 

The arguing got louder, and Tommy did his best to ignore their cruel words. Somehow, the only thing they could agree on today was that Tommy was immature and rude and that everyone barely tolerated him. Techno tensed under him, and he felt his hands running through his hair. "Cover your ears," Techno murmured, and Tommy moved his hands to do so. He could still hear them through his hands and it seemed like Techno could tell because he held his bigger hands on top of Tommy's smaller ones, successfully blocking out the screaming. 

Tommy sighed in content, finally getting some peace. Eventually, Techno moved them upstairs where they could hear the shouting, but couldn't make up the words. For the rest of the morning, they listened to music and caught up with each other, trading stories of their adventures. (although it was mostly Tommy listening and sitting there fascinated as Techno recounted his journeys)

In the afternoon, Phil and Wilbur got an earful from the Blood God about their behavior, and the screaming matches became a lot less frequent, especially when Techno decided to visit every other weekend. 

(A/N, skip if you're not interested)

Someone in the comments pointed out that a lot of these are in the DreamSMP, but Wilbur is always alive. I thought that was a good point, so I just wanted to ask that you please assume that Wilbur's been resurrected in all of these types of chapters, and he is not Ghostbur or Vilbur. Thanks!

Please send or leave requests if you have any!