51 ~ Powerless

Lizzie POV

I'm on the verge of something great. I can feel it. Kill your Darlings and Very Good Girls already opened the door to Oldboy and possibly a new Godzilla movie. That's a huge name and exactly what I need to further my career.

We are only a week into filming this movie and my name is already getting out there. I'm so excited and I can't wait to tell Y/N when I get home.

I frown when I find Y/N sitting on the couch, a joint in her hand.

"Bug? You okay?" I ask knowing she only smokes when she's stressed or needs inspiration.

"Yup." She responds shortly as I sit down next to her.

"What's going on?" I ask and gently take the joint from her, taking a drag before passing it back.

"Nothing. It's nothing. I'm just...tired." She informs me with a sigh.

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask and rest my head on her shoulder.

"Did you tell Rhonda we were keeping our relationship a secret?" She asks and I sit back up in surprise.

"What the fuck? No. Why would I tell her that?" I ask and she shrugs.

"That's what she told me." She informs me calmly, taking another hit.

"Well she's lying. I'm so sick of her. All she does is tell me what to do or say. She tries so hard to control me and I hate it." I ramble on not liking this new information.

"Well you need her. So you can continue doing what you love." She encourages with another sigh. I frown at the monotone response, like it's rehearsed. "I signed an NDA so I guess we are secretly dating now." She shares and my face heats up in anger.

"She made you sign an NDA?" I clarify.

"I thought it came from you. I know that it's better this way. So you don't have someone attached to your name. I mean you already have that enough with your sisters right? It's better to be single when just starting out. That's what Rhonda says right?" She asks. I run a hand through my hair in confusion. I can't tell if she actually means these things or she's saying what she thinks I want to hear. Either way, she's wrong.

"Y/N. I don't want to do this if you can't be by my side." I tell her seriously.

She sighs again and nods. I can't tell what she's thinking. She's way too high for me to untangle her emotions. "Let's go to bed, we can talk about it in the morning." I suggest and she nods, letting me pull her up and into bed.

I struggle to fall asleep. My mind racing in thought. I really hope she's not reverting back to the mindset that she's a burden or that she's distracting me. She isn't either of those things. I know that being with someone, with a girl, isn't great for an image, I've known that from the start. But I don't care. She's my person and I refuse to pretend like she isn't.

When I wake up the next morning, I can't help but smile. Her lips travel along my cheek and jaw before she softly kisses my eyelids. "Wake up, my love." She whispers.

"MmmI'm awake." I inform her and smile into her sweet kiss.

"Good morning, Sunshine." She greets with a smile. It makes me feel a little better about last night.

"Good morning, bug." I whisper back and she smiles before kissing me again.

"I have to head to work, but I wanted to make sure I started my day looking into your eyes." She sweet talks, making me blush.

"You're cute." I respond and watch as her lips curl into an adorable smirk.

"Get up, time for filming." She reminds me after planting another sweet kiss on my lips. I let my mind wander to the future as we make coffee together in the kitchen.