13 ~ Musicals

Y/N POV

After a boring day of shopping, if we can even call it that, we are finally almost to Lizzie's apartment. We went into so many stores but didn't buy much at all. I got to tell her about Soho though!

"The Moondance Diner just shut down before we started school. It was really popular. You know the musical Rent?" I ask my friend.

"Of course I know Rent, what kind of question is that?" She asks with offense.

"Jeez, just checking, anyway. Jonathan Larson, the one who wrote Rent worked at the Moondance diner. It was in the Spider-Man movie too!" I explain and look over to Lizzie who is already looking at me, a small smile on her lips.

"Yeah? That's pretty cool. I wish it was still a thing so we could go." She offers.

"Me too, it would have been a great date." I state simply.

"A date?" She asks.

"Uh I mean. Like, with anybody." I try to cover up.

She didn't seem to believe me but whatever.

"Speaking of musicals, we should watch Chicago tonight." Lizzie decides and I grin. I guess tonight is movie night.

We head inside and up to her apartment, ready to watch the musical that seems to bring my friend happiness. She's been humming the songs the entire walk home. She tried to bust a move on the sidewalk and tripped over her feet. I caught her thankfully.

She takes out the dvd and slides it into the player once our shoes are off. I pour a couple of waters for us and set them on the coffee table before sitting down on the couch. Once the DVD is slid into the player she gets up to make popcorn.

I wait to press play until she's sat next to me and grin when she wiggles a little in excitement when I press the button. I try to not shuffle awkwardly during the opening number and now that I think about it, this movie is um...scandalous?

Lizzie seems to be too preoccupied in the dance numbers and singing as she comments on the immense talent of each actress to notice my tenseness. When it gets to cell block tango I loosened up a bunch, too focused on my not so subtle drooling over the women in the movie.

"She's beautiful." Lizzie comments and it breaks me out of my oogling.

"Oh uh yeah, she's really a great dancer." I agree.

"I want to try to do theater." Lizzie reveals and I look over to her.

"Yeah? Musicals?" I ask and she shakes her head, her attention still on the screen.

"I can't sing that well." She informs me and I frown. I need to get her to sing for me.

"Well, I think you could do it. You're in New York, you might as well try out for some plays right?" I encourage. She smiles and I marvel at her side profile before she looks over to me.

"You're so supportive, bug. Thank you." She whispers, leaning back to relax in her chair finally. Her intense observation of the movie subsided for the moment.

"I'm your friend, what kind of friend would I be if I told you to stop following your dreams?" I whisper and lean my head on the back of the couch. I watch as her lip slightly disappears as her perfect teeth peek out, biting softly.

I look back into her eyes and gasp softly at the emotion in them. I can't quite pinpoint it but it makes my chest tighten. Her eyes drop to my lips and before either of us hesitate she leans forward over me, her hands resting on my cheek and jaw before her lips take over mine.