34 ~ Running

Y/N POV

~End of November~

I'm doing well... in fact I'm thriving. I have an amazing best friend and a great girlfriend. Hannah understands that Lizzie is someone that will be special to me even if I don't feel the same way I used to for her. We were friends first and still care about her in that way, Hannah understands that. I think a part of me will always love her, but it's so different now.

So, after talking to Hannah and Pam a lot about it, I've decided to reach out to Lizzie and see how she's doing. She's done exactly what I asked and gave me time and space to figure out what I want to do. So, she should be on her way to meet me right now.

She's probably been busy with school and having to be at the theater to understudy, I should ask her about that. Speaking of, I spot her on her way over to me and it's very clear that she is a tired mess.

"Are you sleeping?" I ask as she stands in front of me.

"Jeez, that's how bad I look? No hi, how are you?" She teases and it makes me smile.

"Sorry, Hi Elizabeth, are you sleeping at night?" I ask again and she sighs as she sits next to me.

"I am actually, Thanks for asking. How are you?" She returns with a hint of sarcasm.

"I'm great, wanna see my niece?" I ask randomly and she looks at me surprised at the topic change.

"Of course...whoa look at you with a new phone." She points out and I nod.

"I know right? I got it with my nanny money." I explain the new iPhone.

I play the video and Mia's cute little face fills the screen.

Hi booger, look at how cute you are.

Mia coos back at me and my finger comes into frame to boop her nose.

"Oh wow she's precious." Lizzie comments and I nod. "And she really likes her auntie." She points out. I smile proudly.

"She does, I'm her favorite. I can't wait to visit again. Anyway, how are you?" I ask.

"I'm...busy but I'm okay." She decides and I nod.

"How are you feeling about Russia?" I ask and she looks over in surprise.

"Still uh...still trying to deal with it." She explains.

"Have you seen a professional?" I ask.

"Jeez, Y/N, straight to the point? I uh. Yes I have but it's not helping. I feel like she just judges me the whole time." She shares, her palms rubbing against her thighs covered in jeans.

"That's a trauma response." I state quietly and she looks back over to me.

"Oh." She simply states, unsure on how to respond. "Anyway, I don't know if I'm going to keep going."

"Do you still think you deserved what happened to you?" I ask and she sighs, nodding slightly. "Then keep going." I advise gently.

"But it's not helping, it's been months. I should feel better by now." She argues, slight frustration seeping through her calm exterior.

"There isn't a time limit for this. You experienced a trauma that your brain needs to learn how to control and deal with. You need to get good sleep and not jump at any sudden movement." I softly call her out and she sighs.

"It...I just want to figure it out a different way I guess." She negotiates.

"Alright then. Running at least twice a week with me." I decide.