44 ~ Honey

Lizzie POV

~March~

I have my first red carpet premiere tonight. I'm pretty excited about it even though I don't get to bring a date. My involvement in the production actually got me the opportunity to get an agent and my agent says it's better that I go alone. I'm not really sure why but I trust her because it's literally her job to advise me in career decisions.

"Alright, you look gorgeous. Go out there and smile and you'll be fine." She advises.

"I just wish I had Y/N here with me, she always keeps me calm." I express again.

"Sorry, hun. Trust me on this one. You don't want to start your career with someone, fans don't like that you are off the market." She explains and I frown. What fans? This is dumb, but I don't really have a say. "Y/N is inside waiting for you, don't worry I'm not completely heartless." She adds on and I beam at the thought.

"Really? Why didn't she tell me?" I ask as she guides me to the start of the carpet.

"It was a surprise. Don't tell her I ruined it. Now go have fun." She prompts and guides me onto my first ever premiere. It's really weird and I feel awkward about it. The dress I'm wearing is okay, I'm not sure how I feel about how I look but it's comfortable and doesn't show off a lot of skin.

I tune out all the stuff that's being said to me and pose for pictures before I'm ushered inside. I won't be on stage tonight but I still get to be here as an audience member. Live theater can be messy and anything could happen so it's important I'm still. Here if anything happens to the lead.

I beam when I see Y/N waiting for me, a single sunflower in between her fingertips. She looks up and smiles brightly at me as I quickly walk towards her. "Hi, sunshine." She whispers as I pull her into a hug.

"Hi, bug." She whisper and smile wider when she squeezes me tighter.

"Um, are you okay? I know crowds and attention aren't your favorite thing." She checks in as I pull away and I nod.

"I'm perfect. Thank you for coming. I'm sorry you couldn't be on the carpet." I apologize, worried about her reaction.

"It's okay, really. I understand where Rhonda is coming from. I don't want to do anything that could hurt your career. We're okay." She assures me as something flashes in her eyes. It's gone before I can interpret it and let her pull me into a quick kiss.

She slides her fingers between the cracks of mine and leads me to our seats in the side of the orchestra. From here it's easy for me to get backstage if they need me. I watch as Y/N opens up her playbill once we sit down and she smiles before showing me what she's looking at.

"Why does it say Broadway debut when you were already on broadway." She points out and I smile. This girl will never understand what off-broadway means and it's adorable.

"Baby, off-broadway and broadway are different." I remind her and she pouts.

"Whatever, but look how cute!" She squeals adorably and points to my headshot. "It's unfair how gorgeous you are." She whispers before leaning over to kiss my cheek.

"You're beautiful Y/N, don't ever suggest you aren't." I say seriously, reaching out to turn her chin to look at me. The corner of her lip quirks up but she doesn't offer any input. I frown slightly before leaning over to peck her lips.

The play starts soon after and she holds my hand the entire time, her thumb brushing against the back of my hand. I've seen the play numerous times so I find my attention going back to the girl beside me, her eyes trained on the actors on the stage until about halfway through. "The actress that plays your role is horrible." She whispers and I have to hold abck a laugh at how seriously she said it.