19 ~ Changes

Lizzie POV

It's Halloween and I'm in love with my best friend. We are getting dressed in our robes and I'm in love with her. She's tying my tie for me and I'm in love with a musician. She takes my hand and pulls me to sixth avenue for the parade and I'm in love with my bug.

It's all I can think about, ever since she told me how she felt. Everything clicked. Why I feel the need to be close to her all the time, why I value her opinion over everyone else, why my heart is happy whenever I think about, see, or feel her.

But that morning, I got confirmation I was going to Russia. I know if she had told me sooner, it would be different. I wouldn't go to Russia. I wouldn't even tell her about it.

That's not how it worked out though and now all I can think about is being away from her in a country I know nothing about with people I barely know. I'm excited, but I'm scared.

I stand by her side, hand in hers and watch her as she watches the parade. I feel like her confession made her feel better but only sent me into a spiral. I was peacefully oblivious to her feelings and ignoring my own but now it's all I can think about. For her it seems like it was a release of tension and for me it just made my mind a mess.

I don't regret it though, I'm glad she told me. It's nice to know that I have someone that will always be in my corner, cheering me on and letting me be who I need to be even if it isn't ideal. I want to be that for her too.

"Y/N." I get her attention and she looks over, a wide smile on her face.

"Yes, Lizzie bear?" She asks, making me smile.

"Have you thought about selling your music?" I ask and she frowns.

"But it's mine." She pouts slightly at the thought and I giggle.

"I know, bug and you would still get credit but other people would be singing the songs." I explain. I watch as she thinks about it.

"I mean, yes I have thought about it. Once I graduate." She confirms. "I can produce and write and sell songs and release stuff with artists. It will be fun!" She decides and turns back to watch the creepy clowns entertaining the crowds.

"Why wait though?" I ask, forcing her to look back over to me.

"Same reason you want to wait. I want to get my education first. I have so much to learn. I don't want to rush it." She points out and I nod. That makes sense. I leave it alone and accept the fact that I'll have to wait to be her biggest fan. I already am, but she just wants to focus on school right now.

I can be supportive every time she shows me her journal, or plays something for me, even if it's only reaching my ears at this point. I don't want to push her into broadening her horizons if she isn't ready.

"Bug, can we take a picture?" I ask her, squeezing her hand to get her attention.

"Sure!" She agrees, turning to face me. I ask someone standing next to us to take the picture on my phone and thank them before taking a look. I smile at her arm around my back, cheek resting on my head while my arms are wrapped around her waist, wide smiles on both of our faces.

"We're cute." I decide and she nods, kissing my hairline quickly. I smile to myself and stuff my phone in my pocket, finally paying attention to the parade she's so excited about.

The next few weeks are boring as shit. Classes go on as we get closer to thanksgiving break. We haven't talked about our plans for thanksgiving yet actually. I wonder if she is going to go home or stay here. I'm planning to spend it with my sisters and Clay is coming to town too. I'm really excited. It would be even more fun if Y/N could come too.