Chapter Twenty Nine - The Locket

It had been 17 weeks since the release of The Beatles third album, A Hard Days Night. They've been writing and planning for a fourth album, which was exciting.

One day, John and I were having breakfast together, casually talking about random things. As we were both chewing, John started tapping on the table with his fingers. I hummed along, after I was done chewing. He looked at me with pure shock
"How do you know that?" He asked, sounding horrified.
"Know what?" I asked.
"That song! I just thought about it now!"
S***. I was screwed, for sure. It had completely slipped my mind that he didn't know. Damnit Y/N! I scolded myself. John was a smart man, so he knew something was up.
"I don't know. I was just going with the beat."
John looked at me, hard and cold in the eyes. My e/c eyes started to water from the stronghold of eye contact we were holding. John looked away from me and shrugged it off.
"Well, I should get ready for work now." I tell him, giving him a kiss on the cheek before leaving.
"See you,"

John's Pov:

As Y/N left, I decided to get some cleaning around the house done before I started anything else like writing, singing, watching tv or drinking. Y/N's been busy doing them after work and so have I, so might as well get it done now.

I walked into our room to dust. As I moved my wife's things to the side to wipe, I found something that caught my eye. I had never seen it before. It was a gold locket. I examined it, holding it in my hand with the chain wrapped evenly around my fingers. I opened the locket, and suddenly, everything turned to black...