Chapter Ten - Cavern Club

One night, The Beatles were bored and were all in Liverpool. They decided to get together and reminisce by performing at the Cavern Club tomorrow night. They wanted to surprise the people in the bar that night and perform their album. When John told me, I felt super excited to go see them and feel like it was the old times again.

     The next night, you started to get ready 2 hours before so I could be ready for this special night. I picked out 3 really nice outfits. The first one was a black turtleneck with a brown short dress over with black tights, the second one was a white shirt with a blue dress (same form as the brown one) with beige knee-high socks, and the third one were baggy jeans with a yellow shirt.

     "John!" I called out from your room.

     "Yes, darlin'?" He replied, shouting from somewhere downstairs.

     "Come here, please?"

     30 seconds later, John was standing at the door of the room we shared.

     "Which outfit should I wear tonight?" I asked, holding them up to him.

     "Doesn't matter." John replied, simply. He was about to walk away before I stopped him.

     "Well, what do you like the best?" I asked. John turned around in his steps and examined the outfits for a few moments.

     "Is that a trick question?" John asked, with a serious tone. I let out a giggle and shook my head.

     "Ah, well, in that case, go with number three."

     "Thank you!" I beamed at him. He smiled and walked away, back downstairs. Just as I wss about to change, John came back,

     "Why are ye gettin' ready now? We still have a couple hours."

     "I want to be sure I look nice." I said, smiling. John took a few steps in front of me and put his hand around my back.

     "But you already look nice."

     "Well, thank you, but I want to get ready and be sure." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and after, he was out of our room.

     I put on the outfit and it was now time for my makeup. I put my hair into a low ponytail and washed my face, did my skincare routine before applying my makeup. But once I got to the makeup, I couldn't decide what eye shadow and lipstick to use. I had multi colors of both.

     "John!" I called out, again.

     "Yes?"

    "I need help with something!"

     Seconds later, John was at the washroom door. He smirked once he got there.

     "How may I be at service?" He asked, his voice going deeper.

     "John!" I laughed, "I just want you to pick out eyeshadow and lipstick."

     John's smirk disappeared and turned into a neutral look.

     "I'm not a woman, Y/N. Why don't ye phone Ashely or Fiona for that?"

     "They're busy. Can you just pick, please?" I pleaded.

     "Fine. How about the - wait! Wash your face!" John told me.

     "Huh?"

     "Wash your face! I'll do your makeup!"

     "You can't be serious! You're going to make me look like a clown!"

     "I will not." John said, "I don't think..." He quickly added.

     "Fine... I swear, John, if you make me look like a mess - "

     "Well, do you trust me or not?" John laughed.

     "Of course!" I mumbled, for I was washing my face when I replied.

     "I thought so." He said, rummaging through my makeup bag. My face was now makeup free and I looked at John, wanting to get this over with so I could redo it for myself.

     "You look so beautiful naturally, Y/N. You don't need any of this rubbish." John whispered to me, with a tone of admiration in his voice. I couldn't stop myself from insanely blushing at his compliment. I looked away from his gaze, knowing that he made me nervous (in a good way) with his eyes on me. I felt his hand on my chin, lifting up my head. He gave me a kiss, sweet and tender. "So... Close your eyes and I'll put this on ye." I obeyed, now feeling calm about this and I had faith he'd do well. I first felt the brush go along my cheeks, forehead and a bit on my neck. It felt right, so that was a good sign.

     10 minutes later, Paul showed up. He came right away to our washroom, to find John and J arm wrestling. John let go once he saw Paul.

     "Oh my!" Paul said, looking at me, clearly talking about my face.

     "Just fix it please!" I said, in a panicked and hurried tone.

     "Wash your face first." Paul told me.

     "That's what he said..." I then obeyed and Paul started to do my makeup right after.

     After about 10 minutes, Paul was finished.

     "What do you think?" Paul asked, turning me around to face the mirror. He kept his hands on my shoulders. My mouth dropped in awe. It was beautiful! Better than I could do on myself, for sure!

     "Wow, Paul! This is amazing, thank you!" I gave him a tight quick hug and he embraced me the same way too. "Better teach John your ways!" i joked.

     "Certainly!"

     "Well, I'm going to do my hair now. John, will you see Paul out?" I asked my boyfriend. He put his arm around Paul and vise-versa as they walked out of the washroom to the front door.

     I put my hair in a neat bun and made some final touches to my clothing appearance. Once I was finished getting ready, John was too and we headed off to The Cavern.

The boys and I were now backstage, waiting a few minutes before they could go on.

"And ye sure no one knows we're here?" John asked, his Liverpoolian accent echoing over the small space.

"Don't think so." I replied, truthfully.

"We should get on now." Ringo reminded the band. They nodded and headed on. First to go on was Ringo since he was the drummer and furthest from the stage, then Paul, then George, and finally, John who gave you a hug and kiss before going on. Once all four of them were on stage, screaming fans were freaking out and moving closer and closer to the stage. John, of course, gave a few winks here and there to the blushing and screaming women, Paul just smiled, George and Ringo focused slightly more on the music, tuning out the audience.

     Once the surprise performance was done, we raced out of the bar to be sure we wouldn't get trampled and beat up by fans. We got into the taxi and told us where to go.

     "That was an amazing performance, guys! Feel good to get back a bit after the album?" I asked them.

     "For sure, yeah!" George chimed.

     "Yup!" John and Ringo said. Paul nodded.

     "Great! Have you lads thought about another album?" I asked.

     "Yeah. I have at least. Not sure what you all think, though." John turned to his band mates.

     "Of course!" Paul answered. George nodded and Ringo said;

     "That'd be nice, yeah. When were you thinking?"

     "Out for late this year?" John suggested.

     "Sounds good!" Ringo pipped. Paul and George silently agreed. No one was super talkative, considering it was 2:00 am and we were all exhausted. Paul was the first one to get home. He lived closest to the bar. Then it was John and I, and then it would be George and then Ringo.

     That night was very memorable.