Chapter Twenty Two - Shopping

The next day, John and I decided to go shopping for our wedding outfits with our (for me, bridesmaids and for him, best man and other friends).

     John's Pov:

     Pete, The Beatles and I walked into the suit shop and immediately found the right suit. The one I wanted to kiss my bride in.

     When I came out of the change room, Paul gave a low whistle as the others stared in awe

     "I know, I look hot." I smirked.

     "No, mate, that suits ugly." Pete admitted.

     "Oh thank God you said that! Glad I'm not the only one thinking this." Ringo gave a fist pump to Pete.

     "Yeah, John, go with a more classic look. Y/N will like it better." George said.

     "How do you know what Y/N likes?" I asked, defensively.

     "Mate, I've known her for a long time and I just have a feeling she won't like that suit."

     "Oh, so then why don't ye marry her if you know her so well, huh?" I shouted.

     "Aye, watch it! I was just trying to help!" George shouted back.

     "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down!" Paul yelled over top of us bickering. "John, I know ye have pre-wedding jitters but don't take it out on George, okay? And George, it isn't Y/N's suit, is it? If John likes the style then that's all that matters."

     "Yeah, yeah." We sighed.

     I went back into the change room. I forgot about another suit I had chosen. Hope this is "classic" enough for George! I thought to myself, annoyed.

     I stepped back out with the other suit on and my friends were smiling at me now.

     "So, I look hot, right?" I ask.

     "John, that really suits you!" Paul joked. We all cringed at the intended pun.

     "Thanks, Macca!" I said, patting his shoulder. I decided to express my earlier thoughts to George and said, "Joj, is this classic enough for Y/N's liking?" I mocked him. George just rolled his eyes.

     "Yer swine, Lennon." George sighed.

     "I am, now? Yer the one thinking ye know my wife more than I!" I argued back.

     "I was just speakin' my thoughts and tryin' to help! "Wife" isn't even the right term for her! Do I have to write it in song for ye to understand?"

     "No because you're s*** at it!" I yelled. George went silent. I felt a pang of guilt in my stomach after saying that, seeing the hurt in his eyes. "George -" Before I could say something else, he stormed out of the suit shop. I sighed, mentally smacking myself. I felt a physical slap at the back of my head and turned around to see Paul, standing there.