Chapter Eighteen - That Look

I turn around to see Ringo chasing after me. I stop and let him catch up to me.

     "What is it? And how do you run so fast? We're blocks away from the bar!" I asked once he reached me.

     "Alcohol, my friend." He smirked with his reply. This certainly seemed like a John thing to do, so I figured he was drunk. Ringo would go into a deep explanation and make it funny.

     "Well, what is it you wanted to tell me?"

     "Right! I know you saw John give that look to Georgie, eh?" We then started to walk slowly to my house so he could catch his breath. Hopefully that run let the alcohol out of his system.

     "Yeah, I did. Why?" I ask, curiously.

     "George was like," Then Ringo mimicked the look George did to John. He forced his face into an apologetic look.

     "Oh. What does that mean?" I asked.

     "Well, George was smelling you like a joint!" His smirk came back as he said this.

     "Smelling me?" I questioned. At this point we were a few houses away from mine.

     "You got a nice perfume on?"

     "No, why? Where are you going with this?"

     At this point, we were in my house and I invited Ringo to stay. We walked in the living room and sat down.

     "Well I uh -" I bet Ringo felt awkward to conclude his guess since I told him I wasn't wearing perfume. I know he doesn't want to insult me by saying I smell bad. "maybe just a natural move which made John feel defensive?"

     Does he mean jealousy? I thought to myself. I decided not to ask Ringo that since I had to remember he was a little drunk. "By the way, I only had half a beer so I'm ninety five percent sober. I'm not talking s*** like a drunk would." He chuckled. This brought slight relief to me, knowing that he wasn't messing with my emotions. But it also made me feel nervous because of this whole situation. I the decided to ask him,

     "Do you mean jealousy?"

     "Well I don't know for sure, but it could be. Look, I'm telling you this because I feel it's right you know that this happened to ye. I know that John'd keep it from you which I find a little... off."

     "Thank you for telling me, Rings." I slightly smile at him in appreciation.

     "Of course. Speaking of rings," Ringo started to say something before taking my left hand in his and pointed at my finger. "ye might want to think about getting it measured soon." He then let go of my hand and winked at me. I looked at him slightly confused.

     "What do you mean?"

     He avoided eye contact with me and said,

     "I should get going, Y/N. Thank you again for chatting with me." He started to head for the door and I saw him out.

     Once I closed the door, I let out a sigh and crashed on the couch, still in my clothing and makeup from the day.

     The next morning, I woke up to find John sleeping on the ground. He was laying on cushions from our other smaller couch and had a blanket over himself which stretched over to me (me having the bigger half). I smiled as I gave my share of the blanket to him so he could be warmer. It was moments like these where I loved him most.