Chapter Twenty One - The Transition

I finally had a plan to get my family and friends to the other reality. I had to tell everyone the truth. After almost a decade of lying. How can one do that? Lies do catch up to you.

     I went back to my home reality and spoke with my family and friends, telling them everything that's been going on. I showed them the locket and the green portal that I'd

     "Why did you keep this from us?" My mom shouted while my father and friends were silent and shocked.

     "Because it's so unreal!" I tell her.

     "And marrying a rock star older than us?" My mother shouted.

     "Yeah..." I trailed off, realizing that most would think that's obscured and insane. But I didn't care. I loved John with all my heart and nothing could tear us apart.

     "I want to go through." My father blurted out.

     "What? Are you crazy? You'll be in danger!" My mom was now yelling at my father as my friends and I sat in awkward silence.

     "Y/N! OPEN THE PORTAL!" My dad screamed at me. Before anyone could protest, I backed up quickly and opened the portal. I motioned everyone to go in. My dad was first, then my friends and finally my mom who was very hesitant.

     We were in my house and I could hear John playing guitar in our living room. My mom let out a squeal once she heard John singing,

     "Oh, and this boy would be happy

     Just to love you, but oh my

     That boy won't be happy

     Till he's seen you cry"

     By the last line, we were all in the living room listening to him.

     "Hi, John." I smile at him.

     "Oh, hi darlin'!" He let go of his guitar and stepped towards me, holding my waist and kissing me lightly on the forehead. He then noticed my parents and friends behind me, standing awkwardly. "Erm, sorry." He apologized, nodding at them. "Who are they?" He whispered in my ear.

     "Sorry, how rude of me! These are my parents, Y/D/N and Y/M/N, my friends Y/F/N and Y/O/F/N. Guys, this is John Lennon." I introduced them.

     "Nice to meet you, John." My dad took his hand firmly and shook it.

     "Pleasure, Mr. Y/L/N."

     "The pleasure is mine, John. My daughter going out with a famous rock star is beyond belief!" He finally let go of John's hand and smiled.

     "Oh, we aren't really up there yet but thank you!" John spoke humbly.

     "Treat her well or I'll kill you." My dad whispered. John swallowed the lump in his throat, but kept his cool.

     "She wouldn't be safer with anyone else." He smirked. My dad nodded approvingly.

     "Hello, John." My mom finally spoke, shaking his hand lightly and quickly.

     "Mrs. Y/L/N, I see where Y/N gets her gorgeous looks." John kept his smirk as he gave my mom a quick up-down look. My mom blushed slightly, flattered by his cliché compliment.

     "It's all her dad." My mom chuckled.

     "Mr. Y/L/N, I see where Y/N gets her gorgeous looks." We all laughed at John's quick wit.

     Slowly, John was getting comfortable and being himself around my family and friends. "So, Y/F/N and Y/O/F/N, how did you meet Y/N?"

     "In school, first grade. The three of us have been best friends since!" Y/O/F/N answered.

     "Wow! That's so long! My mates and I have known each other for about fourteen years. Not nearly as long as ye lot." John said, referring to Pete Shotton and The Beatles.

     "That's still a long time!" Y/F/N spoke.

     We all chatted late into the night, ordering pizza for dinner and playing a game of poker afterward. John ended up winning but gave half of the earnings back. My parents and friends ended up staying the night. My parents took the guest bedroom while my friends slept on the couch.

     I fell asleep thankful that that night didn't turn out to be a complete disaster. There was just one agitating feeling I had, John and my friends from this reality still didn't know about my abilities.