break on through

AVY took a deep breath as he moved towards Abby's house, Caroline beside him, carrying an ice chest of blood bags. Bonnie moved out of the house, her eyes flicking over Avy's dull and dreary looking form.

"Hey" Caroline greeted with a grin "We totally lucked out, the hospital just had a blood drive, so I got some O negatives, some A's, and my personal favourite, B positive"

A silence fell over the three of them.

"More of an O neg guy myself" Avy murmured.

"How are you doing?" Bonnie wondered.

"Don't do that" Avy shook his head "Don't be kind to me, Bonnie, I'm the reason your mom's a vampire, and yeah Elijah and I broke up, but I'm not the victim in this, you have every right to be mad at me, so please, be mad"

"You look like crap" Bonnie sighed "But we both know you're not the reason she's a vampire"

"I made them make the decision, Bon" Avy argued softly.

"It was your life or Elena's, and for Stefan and Damon, Elena always wins, I don't blame you for that, Artie" Bonnie smiled softly "I'm glad you're here"

Avy smiled as Bonnie hugged him tightly.

"How's she doing?" Avy looked towards where Abby stood in her garden.

"I made her a daylight ring" Bonnie sighed "She's been standing out there all morning, I don't think she's taking this very well"

"Well, it's only been a few days since she turned" Caroline reasoned "Your mom is still adjusting"

"Ms. Wilson, why don't you come inside? Have something to drink?" Avy suggested as they approached Abby.

"I can't feel it any more" Abby said "My garden, it's gone, I can't feel anything"

Abby walked past them, moving into her house.

"I don't understand" Avy furrowed his eyebrows.

"Witches have a connection to the Earth" Bonnie explained "We can literally feel nature, life"

They watched as Bonnie knelt before a dead plant, murmuring a spell as she cupped it. The plant suddenly began to bloom into a flower.

"When Abby became a vampire, she lost it" Bonnie said "I don't know how to help her"

-

Avy smiled at Jamie as he and Caroline moved towards the barn, seeing the boy chopping wood.

"Haven't seen you up at the house" Caroline began "Abby's been asking for you"

"I've been pretty busy" Jamie dismissed.

Avy bent down to grab some wood, Jamie raising the axe towards him.

"Hey! Hey!" Jamie warned "Stay away from me!"

""Easy! I was just gonna help you carry the fire wood up" Avy said before realising "You're scared of her"