"Yea, you would." Kingo agreed with Icky right away.

"Ajak didn't even choose you to lead us."

"Whoa"

"Ouch, Gil. "Ouch," Ikaris said while placing a hand over his heart.

"It's true, I think you'd cry under all the pressure," I remarked with a smile.

Ikaris shifted his gaze to me. "I'm going to let that one slide because, you know, you've always been bitter that I can fly and you can't." he said teasingly

"So you can fly. Everyone knows I'm better looking," I said, striking a pose. "And I promise you, I'll be able to fly one day and kick your ass."

Sersi quickly stood up, causing her chair to scrape across the floor, capturing our attention. Her face was riddled with worry. "Where are you going?" Ikaris asked.

"I'm just going to get some fresh air," she said as she dashed out the door, leaving the door wide open.

Kingo took another swig of his drink."This is really good, Gil. You know, I could sell this. Put my face on it, move some units".

"Who would want to buy something with your face on?" Sprite mused.

I quickly agreed with her, "I agree, I'd probably smash it if I saw it in the shop."

Kingo put down his mug and pointed at us both. "Menaces. Both of you I expected more from you, Trouble. "

Sprite and I just high fived, pissing off Kingo more.

Gil ignored our silly bickering, "I made it from corn. I chew each kernel myself and ferment it in my spit". Kingo immediately spat out his drink in disgust, "ugh."

A few hours later,

3rd person pov

Artemis lay on the sofa, throwing a ball in the air continuously like a robot. Sersi had been gone for a few hours now. The remaining Eternals had found something to keep them occupied. Gil and Kingo were having an arm wrestling match, (Kingo very obviously losing) Ikaris was waiting eagerly by the door, and Sprite and Thena were quietly catching up.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Art shot up at the continuous noise. She studied the room for the culprit. "IKARIS!" She shouted. The man turned to face her sharp gaze. "If you would be so kind, stop tapping your fucking foot. Your precious girlfriend will be back soon. "

Ikaris turned towards her fully, eyes turning an orange hue. "I don't know who you think you are, Artemis, but you can't speak to me that way."

"Oh, I'm sorry, but mummy isn't here anymore, so the powers you thought you had are gone. You're not in charge here, and you never will be. "As her rage rose , green ivy curled around her finger tips. Sparks flew across her palms as her anger almost reached its peak. This attracted the attention of the other eternals. "You flew too close to the sun, Icky." Artemis grinned as the vein almost exploded out of his forehead. Ikaris blasted a ray of cosmic lasers at Art , who quickly raised her arm to deflect the blow.

"Oh you've done it now" A light fire appread in her palm ready to ignite its target.

"STOP".

The two eternals turned around. Sersi stood in the doorway, her face stained with tears. Art's powers vanished, and Ikaris's eyes turned back to their normal blue. Ikaris immediately ran up to Sersi, checking her over. Thena came up behind Art, stoking her shoulder to calm her down.

Sersi sat at the dining table again, motioning for everyone else to follow her. She began to explain what Arishem had told her. The emergence, the deviants, and how they were basically just built to serve him.

"So, you're saying we're basically fancy robots?" Kingo said, slowly.

"And that our old memories are stored on a fake planet. In space? " Artemis concluded.

"And Arishem created the deviants," Sersi continued.

Artemis blew out a massive sigh at the news. Arishem created them. Arishem created the deviants. I'm not real. Druig isn't real. The conservation blurred around Art. Her head spun around the room.

"Art".

Artemis was startled when she felt a light touch on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" She raised her head to Kingo. His hazel eyes glowed with concern.

"Where is everyone?"

"They went to sleep trouble we're going to get Druig tomorrow morning," he said slowly, hoping to soften the blow.

She remained silent and only nodded, as if she didn't trust her own voice.

"Try to get some sleep," Kingo said, standing up and leaving for his temporary sleeping quarters.

Art tilted her head back. Shit.