Chapter 5

Middle of the Night - Elly Duhé

Artemis's Pov

Gupta Empire 400 AD

Sersi and Ikaris. Who would have thought?

I was currently standing watching the 'happy couple' exchange their vows. A smile graced my face as I watched the happiness almost explode from Sersi.

"May the gods hearby bond you in matrimony." the wedding official said looking at the soon to be married couple. "Congratulations," he announced. The two wait a few seconds before leaning in, sealing their lifelong commitment. I internally sighed, My smile slightly faltering without giving it away. I looked around catching Druig's eyes already looking at me "Are you ok?" He whispered.

I nodded "yea, I'm fine, just happy for Sers and Icky"

He bent down to my ear, making goosebumps erupt over my body "You're a shit liar, Angel".

I dipped my head forward, a real smile appearing on my face.

3rd Person Pov

Sersi and Ikaris's party.

Artemis wandered through the people having a great time celebrating the wedding however the newlywed couple left a long time ago. They stayed for a while but after that, they couldn't stay away from each other. Art sat with Phastos for a bit; he decided that working was more important. Ajak had asked Artemis to make sure the party stayed under control so there she was supervising miserable and alone. She sat down on a particularly rough rock trying to get through the evening.

"Yo Art-e-mis what's up" Kingo exclaimed loudly in front of the girl.

She looked up at him with a blank expression.

"Oh I take it not very well then?" he asked in a high pitch voice.

Art shook her head "Ajak's got me supervising the party"

"Why's that? I thought she would since she's the 'Prime Eternal'" he put in quotations mark.

Art laughed dryly" she would be if she didn't have one too many drinks," she said while pointing over the very drunk leader.

"Ah I see, well little Art, I saw a certain mind controller looking quite blue outside," he told her.

"What does that have to do with me?" she questioned startled by Kingo's remark.

Kingo gave a look that gave you're kidding right? "I see how you look at each other Art". he said sincerely "I may not be the closest with you but you need to tell him how you feel before it's too late".

She looked at Kingo shocked "I don't know what to say um thank you" she faced him pulling him into a hug."Maybe we should get a drink sometime?" she asked.

He chuckled "I'd love that Art now go get him".

She smiled widely and ran out of the party towards the gates.

Druig was sat on the floor, back against the walls of guarding the city against potential danger. He couldn't stand being in that space anymore, interacting with the humans that had greed swirling around in their souls. It made him sick. He just wanted to go to sleep until an angel appeared at his side.

"Hey" she breathed out of breath "I've been looking everywhere for you".

He stood up from his spot and walked over to her "How are you holding up. I could feel your thoughts all night".

"I'm better now that I'm with you." She turned towards the gates, fainting music playing. "This is going to sound really odd and you can totally say no if you want I'm not going to" she stopped when his hand covered her mouth. "What are you doing?" she said her voice muffled.

"Just relax, what is it, love?".

She took a deep breath "Would you like to dance with me?"

That is not what Druig was expecting her to ask Why did she want to dance with me? Can I even dance? He thought. Instead of answering he held out his hand for her to take. "Can I have this dance Mi'ady"?

"You may good sir," she responded while grabbing his hand. They began to messily waltz, they couldn't hold in their laughter as they danced. He let go of her waist spinning around only to bring her back into his chest. She rested her hand on his chest as he dipped her pulling her back up grabbing her waist almost instantly. They looked at each bursting into laughter, tears pricking at their eyes. They looked through the window making sure no one was looking before jumping around. Throwing their arms around, smiling uncontrollably. They collapsed into a heap of laughter and giggles. Both of them were completely out of breath.

Artemis's pov

I couldn't stop smiling, my heart was racing. Kingo's words echoed in my head " you need to tell him how you feel before it's too late". I turned my head towards him without even thinking I leant over and kissed him. His obvious surprise didn't stop him from kissing me back. He put his hands on my waist deepening the kiss. It's not long before we're really kissing. My whole body felt like melting, my arms snook around his neck pulling him in more. Why haven't we done this before?

We pulled away completely out of breath. Our foreheads touched like that time in Babylon. I break the comfortable silence. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

"Me too Angel, me too".He said pulling me in again.