Chapter 10

Sparks - Coldplay

Artemis's Pov

Present Day - Mumbai

I stood next to Sersi as the director shouted "action". The lights dimmed in the studio and the dancers took their place on set. A beautiful woman stepped in front of the camera while the music began to play; the scene started. I crossed her arms, staring in disbelief at the scene unfolding in front of me.

Kingo was dancing. Sorry, let me elaborate. Kingo was dancing dressed as Ikaris. IKARIS.

I dropped my head to contain my laughter "Oh my fucking god" I whispered. Sersi quickly nudged me to stay quiet but it was very difficult with Sprite snickering beside me. I looked around the studio studying the lights, the set and the crew. It was quite beautiful but it gets points taken away as it was Kingo taking the spotlight.

"Welcome," a new voice greeted us. I turned my head to see a man dressed in a suit walking towards us. "I am Karun Patel. Kingo's valet" he explained.

"You're his valet? Like that guy from Batman. Ugh, what was his name?" I questioned. Karun just nodded.

They all turned to look at me "What?" I shrugged. "I was just asking the dude a question".

"It is truly an honour to be in the presence of the great Eternals," he told us.

All of our heads whipped round to Karun with disbelief written across our faces. Kingo told the human that. What an idiot.

The song ended and the dancers froze in their final positions. I quickly grabbed my phone from my back pocket, snapping a photo of Kingo.

"Cut" someone shouted but it wasn't the director as it should have been, obviously it was Kingo. "Okay everyone that was good. But we could do 10% better though." I rolled my eyes at his comment. Dickhead. "That was beautiful. Very, very good," he told his cast members. A hairstylist approached him, touching upon his hair.

I looked at sprite "Is this happening or are you putting on an illusion?" I questioned. The shorter girl laughed and shook her head.

"Ahh" Kingo squealed when he made eye contact with us. I raised my hand and waved.

Ikaris and Sersi slowly clapped at the performance, Sprite was completely unamused and I was still in a state of pure shock but was happy to see him nonetheless.

"My friends from college are here" he announced while walking up to us. Kingo hugged Ikaris first "Hello boss!".

"What am I chopped liver?" I joked.

Kingo sighed " I missed you to trouble" pulling me into a hug.

"Perfect timing. Welcome to the set of the Legend of Ikaris" he explained with a large grin plastered across his face. "I'm playing you".

"Why?" I questioned "You are so much cooler than Icky. You can shoot cosmic energy out of your hands" I described while pretending to use my fingers as guns.

"Well trouble, Ikaris is a well-known tale and my tale is too great for movie screens."

He turned to Ikaris "You like the costume?

"We need to talk." Ikaris interrupted.

Kingo ignored Ikaris and turned to face Karun "Tell the director I have some notes for him ..."

"We need to talk in you private" Sprite stopped Kingo.

This is gonna be a nightmare. Telling one of our oldest friends that Ajak had died. We would have to do it 4 more times. My smile dropped. "Kingo, please this is important".