Chapter 13

Sway -Michael Bublé

The 7 Eternals and Karun settled into the quaint home. Sersi and Ikaris studied the decorations, Sprite looked at Thena's weapon collection, and Kingo searched the house for any evidence that the inhabitants had watched his movies. Gilgamesh began preparing a feast for everyone. He shooed Art out of the kitchen when she tried to grab his chocolate chip cookies. What a sucker.

Thena sashayed into the home, scanning the room for a certain trouble maker. She spotted her making a run from the kitchen, holding a handful of cookies. Thena reached out, grabbing her arm as Art tried to manoeuvre past her. Art looked up at the woman with an innocent poker face. "Hi Thee," she greeted.

"Hi Petal, where are you going with those? "she asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"I, um, I was." Art stumbled over her words, attempting to make an excuse in front of Thena, who was extremely intimidating.

"Follow me," Thena said.

"Can I bring the cookies?" "Art asked in a high voice. The woman just turned around and gave her a look. "Right, I'm coming." Art quickly chases after Thena as they entered Art's old room.

Thena sat on the bed, patting the spot next to her. Art immediately melted into Thena's touch. A few tears trickled down her face. Thena stroked her hair, trying to calm the eternal down. "What's troubling you, Petal? I could sense it as soon as I saw you. "

Art sat up, wiping her cheeks. "Just this whole thing, getting everyone back together, Ajak, this stupid voice I keep hearing."

"What voice?" she questioned quickly. "It's not Mayd wy'ry is it?"

Art shrugged. "I'm not sure, but it's always the same voice, and it's driving me crazy. I'm so tired, "Art confessed.

"Whose voice is it, Petal?"

"Druig's"

Thena sighed. The mind controller meant a lot to her. She knew how crushed she was after he left. She knew how much sadness it brought her, but also how much anger overpowered that. "When was the last time you saw him?"

"1521. The same as all of you". Art told her unconvincingly.

"When was it?" she asked again, not believing her first answer.

"1850 in London".

3rd person pov

London, 1850

Makkari had invited Artemis to a masquerade ball in London. She was hesitant at first because she hated London. It was filled with entitled men who looked down on women, treating them like complete shit. They viewed women as the bottom of the food chain. Artemis despised it. However, Makkari's puppy eyes convinced her. How could she say no to that? Art has practised classical dancing ever since it was invented. She was so intrigued by the concentration and skill needed to move like that, so she trained for over a hundred years to perfect herself. But ballroom dancing wasn't her thing. It couldn't be much harder?

Currently, both girls stood on the balcony of the ballroom observing the dancing below. Art had never been to a ball this large before. Sure, over the years she'd gone to let loose and enjoy being disguised by the world, but this time it felt different. Art pulled Makkari aside, her gown flowing behind her as they hid under an arch. Makkari was wearing a beautiful burgundy ball gown with silver detailing. The dress was strapless with a sweetheart neckline and matching gloves that went past her elbows. Compared to Art, who was dressed in a dark green gown with a single ivy-shaped strap. She wore a corset covered in different plants that cascaded down her chest, overflowing the rest of the dress. Resting on her face was a matching green mask with golden swirls decorating it. There was a slit up to her left leg, where a black thigh holster was wrapped around her leg. A dagger with a green hilt lay on it (just in case). You never know in London.