Chapter 4

Dandelions - Ruth B

3rd Person Pov

Babylon 575 BC

Artemis stood next to Phastos as the sprite's illusions lit up the dark sky of Babylon. Stories of the Eternals graced the sky. The Babylonian was filled with golden wisps of Gilgamesh fighting Deviants.Art rested her head on Phastos's shoulder, happy that they could enjoy the peace that was rare on this planet. Before Sprite's illusions ended, a golden silhouette of a couple appeared. Vines surrounded them and the golden sky lit up brighter until they exploded into fireworks, fading away. Phastos looked down at the girl, smiling.

Did you know about this? She questioned

"Know about what?" He responded.

"The thing about me and Druig," she deadpanned.

"Who said anything about it being you two?"

"Well um, it just looked like... never mind," she grumbled in defeat.

"I think someone was also thinking the same thing," he smirked, walking away towards the Domo.

Wait, Phastos, don't walk away from me! Well, don't expect any more of my amazing presents, "she shouted, but Phastos was too far away to hear her childish threats.

Artemis turned her head towards a certain mind controller making his way over to her. Druig was slightly taller than her, so when he met her, he somewhat towered over her. "Did you know about that?" he asked.

"That's exactly what I said, but apparently it's not us," she returned.

"What? It looks exactly like... Oh, I see what happened. "

Artemis nodded, "Yep." She looked around to find something, anything, to escape the awkwardness surrounding the pair. She eventually spotted Makkari stealing some more artifacts. A smirk graced her face. "Wanna go bust Karri for stealing?"

"You read my mind, Angel."

"I thought that was your job, Mr. Mind Control."

The pair quickly made their way over to a table occupied with men, eagerly waiting for the speedster to return with the stolen goods. Druig sat down on the edge of the bench, collecting some food from the table. When isn't he eating? The speedster arrived in front of the pair, placing more items down on the table. "Beautiful Kari, what are we stealing this time?" Artemis questioned her best friend.

She signed, "I needed to get enough artefacts to make a good trade." She piled more items out of a chest onto the table, showing them off. Behind the friends, two men were plotting to steal her items. Well, her stolen items "Just lie to her," one of the Bablyions whispered to the other. He tried to grab it without knowing Makkari was smirking at his pathetic attempt. She held up her finger to her friends before speeding over to the men, making them drop the item with a gasp.

"I can sense the vibrations. Even the tiniest movement Including your voices when you speak, "she signed to them. Did you two just waste my time? " She asked the two, raising her eyebrows.

Druig and Artemis stood to the side, smirking proudly at Makkari for standing up to the men. However, that was disrupted by the one thing Artemis hated more than Ikaris.