Chapter 14

Stressed out - Twenty one pilots

Australia 2024
First person pov

We all sat down around the large feast Gil had prepared for us. A vast amount of food was presented to us. My senses were intoxicated by the sight of the roast chicken, steak, and potatoes. Just looking at it made my mouth water. I'm so glad at least one of us can cook. I caught Gil's eye. "Thank you," I mouthed. We all took our seats and tucked into the meal straight away. Kingo scooped a large helping of mashed potatoes onto his plate before passing it over to Sersi. I quickly grabbed a couple of sausages from Ikaris's plate and devoured them before he could complain.  I smirked at his irritated face.

Kingo asked Gil, "Is this what you guys eat every day?"

"Everyday" Gilgamesh nodded first, followed by Thena. "I cannot believe I ever left." I murmured, shovelling more food into my mouth. "I'm definitely moving back in." Everyone laughed at my comment as Sersi changed my food into a pile of ash. I grumbled as I made a root flick at the side of her face. I turned to face her, making puppy eyes at her, "Please change it back." She gave me a small smile as my meal returned to its original glory. "Sucker, works every time". The whole room exploded with laughter. Just like old times.

"Thank you for this," Ikaris spoke up. Gil patted him on the back and said, "Oh, you're welcome. Help yourself. " I looked up at him with gravy smothered around my lips, "Don't worry, we are." He smiled and began describing his homemade alcohol: "This is a trio of wine, beer, and mead." Designed for all of the soldiers in the Battle of Troy."

"That's so thoughtful," Karen praised. "It is very nice, sir." Karun continued to drink as Kingo pulled Gil closer. "Should she be drinking?" Kingo curiously asked. We all, not so subtly, turned to Thena, who was slowly drinking the liquid from her mug.

Gilgamesh whispered back. "No, hers is non-alcoholic. For kids." In fear of the warrior, Kingo and I offered her a brief grin.

He stood upright again. "I gave you the same thing, Spite." A small smile crept across my face, but I quickly hid it when Sprite made eye contact with me. "You can sip mine."I offered sheepishly.

"I was just kidding. Yours is a secret brew Odin taught me as a thank you after we helped defeat Laufey's army in Tonsberg. "

Loki was hot.

She wore a blank expression as an illusion turned Gilgamesh's outfit into a baby onesie with a bib that read "Gilga-mess". Kingo was the first to react with a loud cackle, then everyone followed. I let out a particularly loud snort at the sight. "Does the baby need his bottle?" I teased.

"What?" Gil looked down at his outfit, "Oh. I'm a big baby. very mature Can you stop? Stop. "

The sprite finally gave in, changing him back into his usual clothing from the 16th century.

"Speaking of Odin," Kingo spoke up. "Thor used to follow me around when he was a little kid." I stifled a laugh at his pathetic monologue. "Now he's a famous avenger and won't return my calls".

"That's a shame. I was hoping you could get me a date with Loki," I pouted. The room fell silent as everyone turned to face me, "What?".

"You know Loki's dead, right?" Sprite asked me sarcastically.

I just shrugged, "We all know he's not dead; he's probably hiding on another planet or somewhere in the multiverse." Everyone stayed silent, questioning my comment, but they quickly agreed with me.

"So, now that Captain Rogers and Iron Man are both gone, who do you think is going to lead the Avengers?"  Sprite questioned.

"I could lead them," Ikaris announced. We all burst out laughing. "I figure I'd be good at that." He continued to try and plead his case.