Prologue

Love?
Artemis didn't know what that felt like or what is it was. Had she ever felt it?  Did she ever fall in love on Olympia? Artemis didn't remember much about Olympia except this distant feeling of happiness and security. Olympia was a faint memory like a good dream; it was so vivid and bright however when you wake it's gone in an instant. She wasn't sure why she was chosen to represent it or why she deserved to.

The Eternals

Immortal beings sent to planets to kill and eliminate Deviants to protect the human race. That's what Arishem has instructed. The one thing Art knew was for sure was that she had undying trust in the celestial. She never questioned her purpose but she knew if the Prime Eternal and the Prime Celestial had commanded it, she didn't dare go against it.

Artemis sat with her eyes closed, back up straight and her mind closed (or so she was told to). Art's mind wouldn't stop racing. Thoughts and energy surged through her body to the point where she might burst. She had never seen a deviant before, would she be scared?

No way. She thought. She was chosen as one of the Thinkers to protect and progress Humanity. Hesistation would get you killed, there isn't any room for it.

She tried to ease her anxiousness as she remembered everything he had learned in order to do her job to the full extent. They were told they would be on this planet for a while even if the deviants went extinct. Artemis knew it would be centuries before she saw Olympia again.

I already miss it

A large red statue filled the centre of the room; a  bright light formed on the statue of the Celestial  Arishem. It gently floated towards the Prime Celestial. It slowly entered her chest. Ajak opened her eyes looking directly at the ruby Statue.

"It is time"

Artemis's eyes opened for the first time since she arrived on the Domo. Maybe she could learn to love this planet.