Chapter 1

The Night We Met- Lord Huron

Artemis Pov

I wandered over to the largest window overlooking the planet Earth. I watched as the five fighters fought the disgusting deviants that have plagued the area called Mesopotamia. According to Phastos, who was currently working on new technology, the residents of this land have only recently moved here. I glanced over at Makkari, who I had the pleasure of briefly meeting before she was pulled away by a very stressed Ikaris, who was trying to move the people away from the danger zone. As Ikaris flew by blasting a deviant with his lasers, someone stepped up next to me. I didn't dare glance their way in case I disrupted the peace. I felt their gaze burning into the side of my head. I gave in and turned my head towards them. My breath hitched in my throat, and his sapphire eyes locked onto my hazel ones. He wore a black suit with intricate red lines detailing the suit; his brown hair was styled perfectly to the side, and a cocky smirk was plastered on his face. We were quite the contrast. My suit was an ivy green with gold details, and my long hazel was pulled back into a long plait down my back.

"I'm Artemis." I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Druig," he replied, in a strong Irish accent.

I faced back out the window, examining the fight once more. My foot repeatedly tapped the floor. Why am I nervous? They know what they're doing. I could help. No, I couldn't. I'm a thinker. We don't fight.

"You are extremely loud" came that thick Irish accent from beside me.

I looked at him and tilted my head in confusion, "I wasn't saying anything."

"Your mind is screaming," he clarified, "your thoughts are screaming, just try to relax angel."

My heart fluttered at the nickname "Don't call me that." I never got a response, just a silent smirk from the eternal. Before I could speak again, Ajak called out for our attention.

"Get ready to leave the ship. Don't forget to collect your device from Phastos." Then she gracefully walked towards the exit.

I began to walk away, but I stopped when Druig wasn't following. "You coming?" I enquired.

"Yes, Angel," he responded.

I secretly smiled, "What did I just say to you?"

Oh, I don't seem to recall; mind repeating," he said, his beautiful blue eyes twinkling with mischief.

We walked over to the thinker Phastos and collected the devices that would allow us to safely leave the ship and land on Earth.

"So how do we use them?"

"Just place them on your feet and just before you meet the ground, they will multiply, therefore creating small steps for you to walk down," he replied without even looking in our direction.

Before I left the ship, I wanted to at least be acquainted with the five people I was told I would spend the most time with during our mission. I spotted a tall woman with black hair cascading down her green suit. She was quite beautiful. I went up beside her and introduced myself. After a short talk, I learned her name was Sersi. She could change any item into other things except living beings, which doesn't make too much sense, but why question it? I scanned the room for anyone I'd missed. I counted in my head the people I'd met so far: Druig, Sersi, Phastos, Ajak, and, wait, that's it. I'm definitely missing someone. I continued to look for the last thinker. Maybe they had already left the ship. Speaking of leaving the ship, I realised that I was alone in the room. Shit.

3rd Person Pov

The six thinkers descended from the Domo starship onto the courseground of Earth. Each one stepped down the steps Phastos created when they touched the ground. The pieces flew towards him into his hand, secure. Artemis stood in front of the humans with their spears pressed into her face. Just as one was about to attack her, they froze in their place with a golden hue, devouring their previous eye colour. She turned around, looking for her saviour when she locked onto Druig. His eyes were a similar golden and his handheld was in front of him: mind control. So that's what he can do. Awesome. Druig smiled to himself as he heard the words. Artemis was unaware of what her mind was projecting. The eleven Eternals gathered in a line in front of the humans. Artemis stood with her hands clasped behind her back and her back straight. Ajak nodded towards Art, an act that allowed her to interact with the humans. She slowly walked up to the young boy whose mother was pushing him forward. Druig sent her a quizzical look, which she ignored. Artemis slightly bent down as a flower blossomed from her hand. It was a beautiful dandelion with all sorts of exotic colours plastered around it. She gently offered the boy the flower as a peace offering.

Art smiled softly at her new home and the people she now vowed to protect, no matter the cost.