Chapter Thirty-eight

Start from the beginning

But with Rhysand gone, she knew I needed someone to explain this to me... To talk to me out of this... I needed someone with me now and she knew too well that without Rhysand, I had no one else. Maliban nalang sa kanya na alam ang sitwasyon ko.

"They tried to save you both, Aria... D-Dahil sa komplikasyon na nangyari sa katawan mo, sabi ng mga doctor mahihirapan ka na daw ulit na mabuntis... It's going to be hard and too risky..."

I thought I'd be fne if ever this happens... dahil sa una palang hindi ko naman ginustong mabuntis... But I never expected it's going to be this painful. I've never cried so loud in my entire life in a room with someone who's not even close to me. I've never been this lifeless... especially when she mentioned that I might not get pregnant again.

One of my dreams was to be a mother that I've always wanted to have. At ngayon parang kinuha na sa akin ang karapatan na 'yun sa isang iglap.

If I knew this is what we'll suffer, I wished I took good care of my baby more...

My baby... My baby girl... I was so close... I was close to holding you... We were almost there.

Rhysand and I, we lost her... We lost the baby... I lost our baby girl.

Nawalan ako ng anak...

It finally sank in to me. I hugged my knees and pushed myself at the headboard of the bed as if a single touch of someone now would completely make me hysterical.

Seven months. All the seven months... are for nothing now. Ang halos araw-araw na pag-aaral at pagtatrabaho ni Rhysand para sa amin ay napunta nalang sa wala. All the money he spent and saved for my pregnancy were all for nothing. All those months of waiting...

My baby...

"I'm so sorry, Aria..." Leren whispered before sitting beside me. She tried to reach me but I rejected her hand.

I hugged myself tighter and broke down. This is the loneliest I've been. I couldn't help but to think why did Rhysand left me if both of us are suffering because of this? Why would he left when he knew too well that we're good at sharing each other's pain than suffering alone?

Was it because he knew that the future he planned for us was now fading? Kasi... kahit anong gawin namin ngayon, hinding-hindi na kami magiging pamilya pa.

---

The night came and my tears just stopped. Leren left to eat while Rhysand hasn't come back yet. A part of me feels sorry for him... Pagkatapos niyang ibigay sa akin ang lahat ng pangangailangan ko ay ito ang mangyayari. Pagkatapos niya akong piliin kaysa sa pamilya, ito pa ang nangyari sa amin. I just hope he doesn't blame himself for this.

I heard the door opened and closed. I was hoping to hear Rhysand's voice. Wala na akong pakialam sa ginawa niya. I'm still desperate. I need him right now... We need each other the most right now...

"Rhy--"

My eyes widened when I saw the most unexpected woman that I would ever see again. Napaigtad ako nang makita ang mukha ni Tita Rhea sa dulo ng kama. Nakasuot siya ng isa sa damit ng mga nurse na pumapasok rito. I didn't move. I stayed at the very edge of the bed. W-What is she doing here?

"Tita--"

"Rhysand will be here any minute now. He's going to say goodbye to you." she said straightforward enough for me to understand what she said immediately.

I was stunned. "Pero Tita..."

"You'll never going to be a part of his life again. I'll make sure of that..." She firmly said. "He's leaving. And as for you, as a mother, I feel sorry for you. Pero para sa akin mas mabuti na rin ito. At least you get to continue your life as a young adult, right? Go back to school and apologize to your parents. I'm sure in time you'll move on."