It Isn't Home

This story follows a boy, (Dan), who has the experience the worst home in his life. Dan wakes up being dragged out of his burning car. He blacks out again, and wakes up being quickly carried in a stretcher. He doesn't know anything at this moment, all he knows, is that he's in danger.

      "Huh..." moaned Dan as he sat up from his bed. He looked around to see a colorful room, and besides him were balloons and flowers. A nurse walked into the room. "How are you doing bud?" asked the nurse. "I-I'm fine... Where's my parents." responded Dan. The nurse gave Dan a sad, almost depressed face looking down at the ground. Dan understood what happened, but before he could talk, a lady walked in. "This is Rose." said the nurse pointing at the lady. "H-Hi." weakly said Dan.

      Dan blacked out again, and woke up to see the lady was gone. "She was nice..." mumbled Dan. When Dan became fully conscious, he realized that he had nowhere to go. His relatives didn't want to be part of his life, he didn't know why, but they didn't. They even hated his parents, so he thought about the lady he just saw. "Was she trying to adopt me, or at least tease it?" thought Dan. If she was going to adopt him, he was going to have no choice, but accept her.

      While Dan was still blacked out, a few social workers were checking the people who were trying to adopt Dan. "Yeah, they're good, but the kid has to accept ya" said the social worker. "Alright." said the lady tightly holding their husband's hand. 

      Meanwhile, back at Dan's room. *KNOCK KNOCK* Dan gasps as he wakes up. "Hey, are you doing okay?" asked the nurse. "Yeah..."responded Dan. "Alright then, in a few minutes, we're going to see if anything has been damaged, or gone wrong." said the nurse. "Alright." said Dan.

      A few tests later, "Alright! You're good to go" said the nurse. Someone came to pick up Dan from the hospital. The person then drove Dan to the adoption center. When the exited the car, the person said "You have a visitor." Dan knew it was the lady he'd seen earlier, and he was right.

      The three were sitting in front of a desk. Dan was sitting next to the lady, and most likely her husband. The person asked the lady, husband, and Dan some questions, until it was the afternoon. "Alright, it's settled!" said the person. The lady smiled at Dan, while Dan smiled back. The three headed back to the lady's car. The lady introduced herself as Martha, or just mom, and the husband introduced themselves as John, or just dad. Another kid was next to Dan. They introduced themselves as Mike. Dan listened to the two, until he randomly felt a poke at his shoulder.

      "Ow!" said Dan as he flinched. Turns out Mike stabbed him in the shoulder with a needle. Then the poking feeling was all of Dan's body. He started to twitch until he passed out. As Dan started to pass out, John looked at him with a menacing grin.

      Dan woke up in an old, wooden room. He tried to lift up his arm, but it felt limp. Actually, his whole body felt limp. He couldn't even talk. Dan then felt something on his neck, but he couldn't identify it. He looked around, and he knew that he was in an attic because he saw a trapdoor. The room was small, giving Dan claustrophobia vibes. The needle was still in his shoulder. "Well, at least my clothes were changed..." thought Dan. 

      Dan tried to sleep, but he couldn't. He was too scared for what's going to come next. Dan then moved his finger. Dan was shocked by this, so he tried to move his arms, or anything. He lifted his arm, then his leg. His right side was free, and then his left. He then got out of bed, but felt a shock. He wiggled around until he was back on his bed. 

      Footsteps were running towards the trapdoor. The Martha peeks her head out, and run towards Dan. John comes out, and does the same too. They both pin Dan down on his bed. Mike then comes out with a needle, and stabs Dan's thigh. "AAAAH!" screamed Dan as he was stabbed. As he flailed his limbs around, they started to become limp again. His voice then started to become hoarse, then he lost his voice. Completely gone. John and Mike leave. Martha then poses and tucks Dan in bed. 

      The Martha then walks away. Dan, still scared out of his mind, hears a beep come from his neck. Dan had a shock collar on. "What the hell?!" thought Dan. "I'm a human, not a dog!!" thought Dan. Dan calmed down. "I should do something tomorrow." thought Dan as he closed his eyes. 

      At 5:34 AM, Dan wakes up to hear the Martha telling someone, "He just tried to escape last night. Just do this favor, and feed him these pills." "Okay mom." responded someone. That someone turns out to be Mike when they crawl through the trapdoor. Mike forcefully opens Dan's mouth, and feeds Dan some orange pills. "What the hell is this?!" thought Dan. The pill just seemingly floated through Dan, and gave Dan a little shock. It was then digested. Mike walked away.

      The next day, Dan gets up from bed, but... He didn't want to. It was 7:30, Dan wakes up at 8:00. Dan tried to look at his bed, but his eyes looked forward. Dan climbed out of the attic. The hallway in front of him was bright and colorful. Dan then walked into a room. It was Mike's room. It looked completely normal. "What the... How..." thought Dan. Mike just got done calling someone on the phone. Mike just stared at Dan, and then Dan just sat on the bed.

      "Oh my god! Is he going to save me?!" thought Dan. *DING DONG* Mike opened the front door, and hear a bunch of laughs. Mike walked in with a bunch of teenagers. "Hey guys, my family just adopted this little guy. He will do anything you ask!" said Mike. "Oh crap..." thought Dan. As Dan was horrified about what is going to come for him. As Dan's body stands up, Dan looks at Mike's open door. A crowd of young girls were waiting behind some railing. "No, no, NO!!" screamed Dan as his body walked towards the crowd.

      The girls tickled him, spit on him, maybe even commanded him to do horrible things. As Dan was forcefully being put through this pain, Dan stares at a sign. It says 'Schedule'. This was going to be daily, forever. He knew that the house he's staying in, isn't home.