chapter twenty three

"When it comes to love, don't we all think it's another name for misery? When it ends, it makes you crave for more. More affection, more care, more love even though it already ended, even though it's already gone." Winter read those words out a loud from a book she was reading and she agreed with a subtle nod.

Love is another name for misery? Heck yeah. But sometimes it's love that saves you out from misery.

Winter let out an annoyed grunt when she tripped over the table to get to her phone. It vibrated earlier and it turns out that Karina have texted her that the trip to the lake will be cancelled because something important came up that Karina couldn't leave. The text contained a dozen of apologies from Karina. It was enough to make the younger laugh.

When the pain of tripping over a table finally went away, she assured Karina through a reply that it was alright, that she didn't have to apologize. They could always go there whenever they can or whenever the schedule wasn't that tight.

Coming to a realization that Karina wouldn't be able to reply quickly because she was engrossed with her own tasks, the short-haired decided to go out and roam the city. She misses the fresh air that surrounds everyone.

Normally, she would've decided to clean her apartment or watch some sitcoms but wouldn't it be more fun if she twists things a little bit? It's more thrilling to break tradition, to break rules. Come on, you only live once so why waste time in following a routine when you can always try new things when the sun rises up?

Before stepping out of the apartment, she double checked to see if everything was locked and after that, she wiped the dust that clung unto her shoes and tied the shoelaces tightly once again for her to not trip over. As soon as she stepped out, an artic zephyr passed over her skin making her smile.

She was walking downstairs when someone greeted her. She was already on 2nd floor. She didn't have friends around here really and given the fact that this was a large apartment, it would be impossible to know everything about everyone but she was familiar with their faces and some of their names.

"Hi Winter!" Tone filled with happiness and enthusiasm, she waved at Winter when she vocalized those words out. Her hair was a shade of purple and it suited her a lot. "Oh hi Choerry, I didn't know you were here."

Choerry was her neighbor or someone she sees that often lurks around on the third floor. "I was visiting Yeojin hehehe. How about you, where are you going?" The purplehead smiled as she asked Minjeong that question. Minjeong mirrored it back, "Ah, I'm just going to get some fresh air."

The other one nodded and waved goodbye to Winter when her "friend" came out of the door. She smiled as she turned away from the two and continued her steps. When she get out of the building, more amount of cold air swept past her and well, she smiled wider. Winter was a fan of cold weather, she thinks it's fantastic to just be cool.

She didn't have a specific place to go to when she went out but when she thought about the groceries, she remembered she had to fill empty cabinets on her apartment. And how lucky, the nearest supermarket was only a few walks away, she won't have a hard time with her packages while she'll walk to return home.

Cooling for a minute after being exposed to warmness, she stayed under the supermarket's entrance for seconds before deciding to go in. She was greeted warmly by employees with the warmest of smiles. She returned it back to them.

There wasn't a lot of people inside, only a few. Families, individuals and some students. It was still early in the morning so a lot of people are at their respective jobs or schools. Winter grabbed a basket and started to roam inside.

From aisle to aisle, you'd see the short-haired pick something out of everything. She checks the prize though since her allowance wasn't given yet to her. In her basket, you'll see meat, a bunch of skincare products and soap. Before forgetting about the most important product, she directly went to the noodle aisle to get some ramen.