chapter fourteen

Loud ringing of a phone distracted her from watching a movie she randomly found by pressing whatever was on the remote control. It was the fifth time her phone vibrated and she didn't have ang plans on answering it because it would only result to both of them arguing.

She was sleeping peacefully in her apartment, dreaming about unicorns and eating ice creams when she was suddenly woken up by the noisy ringtone of her phone. She tried to ignore it and doze off once again but the caller kept on ringing her phone and she sat up with a sigh.

She answered the call and the first words that the caller said was was she involved. All she could do was raise an eyebrow and asked the caller with what was going on. She was sleeping peacefully only to be woken up by a call and the other line saying if she was involved. She was more than confused.

The caller once again asked her if she was involved but all she could say that she doesn't know what she means and that she just woke up. She was slumber. But instead of hanging up, the caller kept on insisting that she was a part of it. The next thing that occured was both of them yelling at the top of their lungs, arguing.

And that's when she hanged up the phone to ransack the internet about what the caller just mentioned. She was asking if she was involved with what happened in the Yoos and Chois. Minjeong clearly wasn't aware of this.

She found 20+ articles talking about it. It's one of the biggest controversies that ever sparked in their country. A lot of media people were covering it even if it only happened an hour ago.

Minjeong scrolled through a lot of articles to get more details and after like 40 minutes of scouring through the internet, she got enough information to say that the sisters were such girlbosses. Damn. She's brilliant. Minjeong commented with what Karina just did.

Her relationship with Irene Bae was a bit better after Karina and her broke up. It was because Minjeong would usually hang out at their mall. She never really mentioned this to Karina once because Irene pleaded her to keep it as a secret and as exchange, she's allowed to shop there with discounts. It was a really good deal to Minjeong but she never really bought items that weren't supposed to have discounts. She pays cash.

Along with discovering that Irene and her fiancee Seulgi owned the mall, she also ascertained the truth of Choi Soobin and of course got a little back story with what happened between him and Yeonjun. They'd give her disapproving looks everytime they brought up the affair between her and Minju and she would just laugh at them. Telling them that everything was totally fine between her and Karina. That they were friends, but of course everyone didn't buy her bullshit.

She was really happy that everyone had reunited already but felt disappointed that she couldn't be there. Screw her actions.

Suddenly the feeling of admiration was replaced with guilt. There it goes again the feeling that suffocates her, making her rethink about every single decision she made in her life. She knew why she felt like this. It was because Karina mentioned her trauma about Mr. Choi and what especially happened. It was like a bullet she couldn't dodge because she has done something wrong to Karina and she used him against her.

She sighed and left the bed to watch television and that's how she ended up watching a movie with phone calls and thoughts distracting her entire being. She was thinking about how she should apologize to Karina with what she did to her while she watched how the male character kissed the female character. Typical romance.

The phone calls still won't stop. Letting out a heavy sigh, she reached for her phone and answered it. "Kim Minjeong, I have been calling you for 30 minutes straight. Where are your manners?" Voiced Mrs. Kim. Minjeong rolled her eyes as if her mom could even see her do it. It would be better if she saw it.