chapter three

The next day, Minjeong woke up with a massive headache from her really bad hangover. Her first words were 'bullshit'. I guess that's what happens after meeting your ex-valentine and hearing her failed proposal.

Each time those words echoed in Minjeong's head, it gets more painful than the last one.

She sat up from her bed, massaged her temple and went to the bathroom. She still had a headache but realized that there was still a meeting that she needed to attend. The companies merging with each other seems like a bad idea to her but hey, she's not the one in control so what could she do? She didn't really want to leave her apartment but knew that she had no chances of getting away with that decision because at the end of the day, her mom would still bug her.

As she stared at herself in the mirror, she realized that her eyes looked so puffy and swollen. Anyone would know that she basically cried all night just by one glance at her. The blonde sighed at how miserable she looked.

She started to do her morning routine. From brushing her teeth, taking a shower with warm water, wearing some clothes and then finally fixing her bed. Also, she applied some foundation on her skin and a light make up.

When she was done doing her early morning rituals, she decided to eat some ramen. She also had some boiled eggs to top it all. Her morning bevarage was milk.

Even if Minjeong drank alcohol all night, even if she smoked on a daily basis and even if she kicks some butts whenever she can, she still loved to drink milk. Whenever the blonde had a hangover she'd always drink milk.

She ate quietly and let her mind rest ftom things she's been thinking about lately or more like recently. It was more like she's stopping herself from thinking about that one person.

Feeling the food digesting down her stomach, she also felt her phone vibrate. Her phone revealed a missed call from an unknown number. It was unknown yet she swears that she's seen that somewhere before.

How could that even be possible?

She was about to shrug the phone call but her phone vibrated again, revealing another call from the said number. She pressed the answer call button without thinking. She held her breath and stayed quiet.

"Hello? Is this Minjeong's number? This is Karina." The younger didn't respond to anything that the other line was saying. She just let Karina blabble words just like what they did last night. She just listened to every word she had to say.

[ Oh...I think this is a voicemail? I don't know? ] Winter chuckled silently, being more careful to not let the older hear her. [ So uhm...Hello, Minjeong. I just wanted to say sorry about everything that I last night. I was very impulsive to let you know about those things without even thinking if it was the right time to say it. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. ]

[ I'm here to apologize. I hope things don't get too awkward between us anymore. I miss my best friend so much! ]

The younger could feel Karina smiling at the other line when she said those words. It really has been a while and maybe they were really just meant to be friends. She smiled at Karina's words. A smile that was from ear to ear.

A smile she only wears only when she's with Karina.

[ I think that's everything I wanted to say. Bye, Minjeong. See you at the meeting later. Thank you for yesterday. Bye, Minmin! ]

"Bye, Karina."

[ Wait, Minjeong? You were there the whole time? ]

The blonde immediately cursed herself, her hands instantly covered her mouth while it formed a big O. She recklessly just said those words after being silent throughout the call. She was in a panicked state and didn't know what to do or what to say that's why both of them were silent for a long time not until someone spoke from the other line.