chapter nineteen

warning : minju and minjeong cheating flashbacks
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ     ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ — ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Are you really sure you won't talk to Karina about this?" She gave her an eyebrow raise and mouthed a what? "What does Karina have to do with this?" The other one shrugged. "Before you leave, don't you atleast want to apologize?"

One of them started to feel a bit more irritated with each other. There were three people in the room and two of them were starting to thicken the tension. "I came here because I knew you were here. I just wanted you to know that my mom would love to talk with you because I can't since I'm going to Australia to manage something. I wasn't anticipating for you to ask me about something I'm uninterested in, Irene."

Minjeong could feel the daggers staring right through her soul. "How hard is it to apologize to someone, Min?" Seulgi steps in, giving her a glare. "You're speaking as if you didn't do her wrong too, huh?" Minjeong calmly replies and all Seulgi could do was sigh in annoyance.

"Okay, now that you've got to say what you want to say, can you leave now?" Seulgi said after sighing and all Irene could do was stare at the two of them. Minjeong stood up and was about to head out before Irene had something to say. "Wait, do you know where Minju's mom lives?"

Irene bit her bottom lip after saying that. It has exactly been a week since she was appointed as heiress since Karina stepped back and it has been exactly 4 days since Mrs. Kim and her got to talk about something. Something very important. And well, it includes Minjeong.

Winter stopped at her tracks and looked back to where Irene and Seulgi were sitting. Seulgi still looked like she was rooting for Winter to leave the area but when she saw how Irene patiently waited for Minjeong's response, she figured out that maybe there was something important to talk about.

"Why are you asking me?"

Irene hesitated to answer that question since god knows she doesn't have any filter when it comes to talking but she was already too late to realize that she said something she shouldn't have. "I mean, weren't you Minju's lover for how many years?"

She tried so hard to stop herself from saying that it was an affair. Minjeong looks at her, dead in the eye, "do you want me to give something to her?" Seulgi's forehead turns into knots, confused. "What are you doing, love?" She asks Irene who was busily rummaging through the cabinets to find something.

She found it after a couple of minutes and handed it to Minjeong. An envelope. "Give her that." She says, a tone that assures her about something but can't point out why she felt like that. Seulgi, who was confused now fully realized what Irene was doing and she gave a small smile to Winter. "Make sure to deliver that."

Minjeong looked at the couple and thought to herself that they were strangely acting. It was weird, really. Even if she wanted to open the goddamn envelope, she restrained herself from doing it. After all, it wasn't for her.

She looked at them for one last time and bowed respectfully before heading out. She didn't bring any vehicle with her and neither did she want to hail a taxi cab so she decided that it was best for her to walk towards the Kim residence. It wasn't really that far and Winter has always been used to walking there. Walking home.

As she took a step forward on every solid ground, she was greeted by a lot of things that made her remember about certain things, like the time she and Minju kissed each other.

Minju and Minjeong's hands were brushing against each other, it took every amount of strength for young Winter to not just grab Minju's hands and intertwine it with hers. Classes were already done and both of them went on a little date.