chapter six

Each time you looked around, you'll see something new. Something beautiful. Like how the leaves gracefully fall out from a tree or like how the children's laughter just brings joy to everyone who is nearby or like how teenagers pedalled on their bicycles, carefree and not scared that they might get hurt.

There was always something breathtaking around, it's just that we never really see it unless it's in front of us. Is that how oblivious we really are?

It's another day for the people wake up. The weather for today wasn't that nice though. Weather forecasts have already stated that it might rain for today and turns out that they were actually right. Sometimes, they get it wrong.

Heavy rain poured around the city and only moving vehicles can be seen on the busy road. Everyone must've stayed home since walking past through heavy rain seemed like an impossible thing to plus it was a Saturday, everyone could rest just for a bit.

If you were to be asked, is there something worth-seeing on a rainy day? Probably an artistic sight about moving vehicles? Not everyone favored rains. It makes you stay at home and make you feel cold. Everyone has encountered atleast one person that didn't particularly like the rain.

Or perhaps it's you that doesn't like the rain. Don't worry, Minjeong doesn't really like it too.

Minjeong heavily sighed as she stared outside her window while she drank hot chocolate to warm her soul. She would look back and forth at her cup and towards the window. It has been raining since she woke up. It seems like the rain won't be stopping anytime soon.

She didn't have plans for today but she thought she could maybe go and watch movies in the theatre. Minjeong doesn't really know about the newly released movies towards since she's not so much of a fan.

She sighed again. If the rain never stopped since early morning, so did her sighs. She's been thinking about the incident that occured yesterday. An incident she doesn't really want to recall.

Flashbacks. Minjeong got woken up by her mother who entered her apartment with no permission. She vividly remembers how her door creaked open and how she shot her eyes open, anxiety creeping up onto her. At first, she thought it was a burglar but then realized that it was her mom. The anxiety that just started to creep up to her was suddenly replaced with a feeling of anger.

And then longing.

Mrs. Kim didn't notice that her daughter was awake and thought that she was still sleeping. After closing the door behind her, she was surprised to see Minjeong standing with her feline eyes filled with anger and her eyebrows connected with each other. Venom in her tone, Minjeong asks, "What are you doing?"

Her mom just stood there, locking eyes with her daughter and simply shrugs. "I'm your mom. Am I not allowed to visit you anymore?" Mrs. Kim then walked around the apartment, leaving Minjeong there, just standing, a bit dumbfounded. "Why is there blood on your bed?"

Mrs. Kim found her way towards Minjeong's bedroom and was surprised to see blood on it. She looked at her daughter and saw bruises on her face. "What did you do?" She asks from a far distance. Minjeong clenched her fists. "Minjeong, I'm asking you a question."

"Oh so now you care? After all these years huh? You finally care?" Minjeong frustratingly stated. "What do you want from me, mom? What do you want? Can't you just leave me alone?" Mrs. Kim wasn't listening to her daughter's words and kept her asking about the liquid on her bed.

Minjeong wasn't responding to her questions as well. Both were very hard-headed Kims.

If Minjeong didn't like her father that doesn't automatically mean that she's a mama's girl. No. She wasn't even close to her. Mrs. Kim head out of the room and asked Minjeong the same question, "What happened, Minjeong?"