chapter twenty two

In the midst of the crowds, in the shapes of the clouds, I could see nobody but you. Those lyrics perfectly fit the way Winter looked at Karina with eyes that were filled with happiness, a stomach that was coated with butterflies and a feeling that brought her warmth, love.

Winter was at Karina's workplace, two days after Karina filed her application form, she was already accepted. It was at a pub, she sings there. If Giselle was here, she would've surely loved it.

Tonight was Karina's first night and Ningning, Winter, her grandmother, Soobin, Yeonjun, Seulgi and Irene were there, admiring how nice Karina's performance was. She sung Dhruv's double take and her eyes were only focused on one person : Winter.

Her workplace was called The Yves which was read as The Eve and the owners were a lesbian couple who goes by the name Ha Sooyoung and Kim Jiwoo. They're more well known by the names of Yves and Chuu. Only Sooyoung's name was carved as the name because it was founded by her and she was the one who managed to get herself in the industry and she just met her soulmate along the way.

When Karina got home after spending the night at Winter's place, it was timely for Ningning to call her about a job offer at this pub. As it turns out, Kimlip who is Chuu's friend is also Ningning's friend and when the red-haired accidentally spilled some beans about Karina, Kimlip told her about the couple's place.

The pub originally wanted to hear their applicants sing but when Yves fortuitously heard Karina's voice outside, she knew they have already found their singer. At first, Irene told Karina to just work at the corporation but Karina sternly declined it and all Irene could do was to be proud of her.

Applauses from the audience was the perfect end to Karina's performance for tonight as she looked at the short-haired girl in front of her who looked up to her with admiration in her eyes. She has a job, friends, family and the love of her life. She couldn't ask for more.

Karina bowed down to everyone and with an energetic tone, she spoke with great excitement, "I'm Karina Yoo, the pub singer and I hope all of you are having a great time!" The crowd hyped her up, even the owners.

After that greeting, she went down to rest with her friends and family and as soon as they saw her figure coming towards them, they warmly greeted her. Karina could've sworn that she saw Seulgi glare at Winter while Winter just hung her head low but shrugged it off because the moment she entered the picture, both were now friendly to each other.

Whatever was that, let's just shrug it off. Karina told herself and sat beside Winter whom she greeted with a kiss on the cheeks to which everyone reacted with disgusting looks and annoying grunts. Karina rolled her eyes and laughed at their reaction.

The night went smoothly for all of them. Everyone was having a great time with their drinks, with their little chats, with everything. Everytime Chuu would come across their table, she'd thank Karina for the splendid night she had given to all of them and Karina would only be a flustered mess with all of the compliments they have been giving her.

Karina would often reply to Chuu by saying that it wasn't because of her that the pub was having a great time, it was because of how the staff did their job and with how Chuu and Yves handled this establishment. Chuu would warmly smile at her and eye Yves who has been the happiest she's ever seen. Karina doesn't know but she just saved someone's business, someone's life, someone's relationship.

Minjeong admired how Karina looked really pretty tonight in a simple sweater and jeans that she wore along with the prettiest pair of eyes she's ever seen. Karina was glowing tonight. As what Minjeong would say, she was the brightest of all stars. No one could compare to her brightness.

Karina wasn't oblivious about the fact that Winter was a bit silent ever since the darkness filled the dark skies. She could feel that Winter wasn't having that much of a great time and made a mental note to herself to check up on her lover. Just as Karina made that mental note, their friends decided that maybe it was the time to go home since it was getting pretty dark.

They bid goodbye to each other and the couple thanked Karina once again. Winter and her were hand in hand as they walked towards the car while the cold breezing air of the night swarmed up to them.

They were walking silently towards the parking lot. Karina initially wanted to start a conversation with the younger but closed her mouth when she realized that maybe it wasn't the right time to ask Winter with what was happening. Sometimes, all of us just needs to be left alone for a little time.

Karina felt Winter's grip on her hand tighten, with a concerned look she looks at Winter. "Love, what's wrong?" She asks in a gentle tone just not to scare Winter away. The younger looks at her with eyes that look like they were hurt. "Can we go to the lake?"

Simple words yet it pierced through Winter's soul. She wanted to go there to think but was afraid that she'll be a crying mess if she went there alone. That lake serves as her last memory of Gisele and she wants to visit again because at that lake is where she usually unwinds. She could've gone there alone yet she didn't have to courage to do so.

"Isn't it too late already, Min?" Karina responded to her and gently stroked her lover's hair as they stop on their tracks. "I mean, not now, like maybe when you're free." Minjeong replied, trying not to crack her voice up.

Karina placed her hands on both of Winter's shoulders and kissed her forehead. "We can go there tomorrow. I'm just going to pick you up, alright?" Winter nodded, feeling Karina's hands wrap around her in a tight hug.

"I love you." Winter said. "I want to be with you here forever. I don't want to lose you, Karina. I don't want to lose you ever again."

"You won't lose me anymore, Winter. I'm here, I will always be here. I am not going anywhere, okay? You'll always have me. I love you too, I love you, Kim Minjeong."

The night was cold yet in each other's presence, there was warmth, comfort. Just like how Karina felt the first time she and Minjeong rode on that motorcycle. Just like how Karina felt when Minjeong first kissed her. Just like how Karina felt when Winter told her she loved her back.

A popular bubblegum pop song started to play on Karina's radio and Winter couldn't help but dance along to it while she tried to sing to it's lyrics with her off-key tune. Karina only laughed at the younger while she drove.

"Oh, but Love grows where my Rosemary goes," sang Winter with the happiest tune she could ever sing and Karina jammed along to it too. "And nobody knows like me," she continued the lyrics and Winter smiled at her before taking a pause from singing to catch her breath.

"You really have a nice voice." Winter commented and Karina thanked the younger. The night was filled with memories of happiness and memories of a mini carpook karaoke of Winter and Karina. They were surely having a great time in the cramped car with catchy tunes.

Not really aware of the roads that they were taking already, both of them passed Winter's house and none of them would've noticed it if Minjeong didn't see the familiar park near her apartment.

By the time that they circled back towards Minjeong's place, they were laughing so loud that tears of joy started to fall out from Karina's eyes. "I'll be going now," Winter said, "Thank you." She added and smiled warmly at Karina.

"I'll be picking you up tomorrow, alright? Is 10 in the morning good for you, love?" Karina said and mirrored Minjeong's expression. Without any word, Winter closed the gap between the two of them and kissed Karina.

The kiss was deep, god, Winter used her tongue to kiss Karina who was redder than a tomato. Winter chuckled at the sight and before leaving, she gave Karina a quick peck and said, "See you at 10. I love you." Before going out of the car.

Karin was there ; dumbfounded. She was dumbfounded with how Minjeong just swiftly kissed her, she was dumbfounded with how Minjeong just showed her affection for her. She was dumbfounded and red.

On her way home, she was still a blushing mess but this time it was accompanied by a smile that only comes around when she thinks about her lover. God, she was inlove. She was so inlove that she'd let Winter kiss her all over again.

"I love you, Kim Minjeong. I love you, my own Rosemary." She muttered to herself before smiling from ear to ear.