Oikawa Tōru [Angst]

while writing this chapter, the lyric in one of Artic Monkey's songs got stuck in my head.

505

it goes, "and I crumble completely when you cry." and an idea magically popped into my head, leading me to right this, wink wonk.

I love writing angst so much.

--------------------

Your relationship with your lover was private, but you never thought it was that secluded to be called a 'secret'. Oikawa was hesitant to answer when you asked to make your relationship with him public and open, but he refused and got a bit protective that nearly turned to an argument. He was out of character for a few days after that, but he managed.

"Tooru." he hummed in response, curious of what you were going to say.  You two were walking to school together, finally after such a long time of convincing the setter, he reluctantly agreed. It did hurt to see his hesitance, but you eventually got over it. He's here already, there's no need to worry, right?

"can I watch practice?"

"do what you must, y/n-chan. just stay in the entrance like the other girls." Oikawa answered, staring at you wihh a small smile, humming softly to a certain song. You frowned at this, why couldn't you watch from the sidelines? You didn't mean the entrance of the gym where the crowd usually watches, but right next to coach Irihata or even Coach Sadayuki, you wanted to be next to him.

You stayed silent for a few minutes before it was just another turn on the right until you reach Aoba Johsai. Oikawa, stopped in his steps as you followed and stare at him witn confusion. He gives you a soft smile, a peace sign appearing on his fingers. "Y/n-chan, you stay here until I'm inside, okay? I don't want people to make rumours were dating." your expression transitioned to disbelief and disgust, how unbelievable.

Noticing your discomfort, he tilts his head to the side, his smile disappearing visibly; "why the long face? Is it a big deal?"

"a big deal?! Oikawa, why do you need to hide our relationship? The whole team knows!"

"and I regret letting them know. I just wanna be low-key." he lied, and you knew this immediately, he doesn't look at you in the eye when he was being dishonest and he previously just averted his gaze somewhere else the moment he replied. You grunted angrily at this. "why are you making it sound like dating with me is a bad thing?!"

"IT IS. You're not my type and the only reason why I'm dating you is..I don't even know. Bye. See you at practice." he bluntly says and left you standing there in disbelief, you watched him walk away as if nothing happened and you placed you back against the wall, sliding down with your head hung down low.

"..."

-------------------

"Where's Y/n? Doesn't she usually watch us?" Iwaizumi questions your lack of presence, noticing how you weren't present with Oikawa when he entered the gymnasium - his squealing fangirls and fanboys was just dreadful towards Iwaizumi's hearing, but he was still proud of his volleyball career, as well as Oikawa and the team's journey.

The brunette hummed, shrugging. "we got into a fight. Its fine, she'll come by later." the ace's mouth slightly agape, another argument? And why was Oikawa being so blunt and nonchalant about this? Wasn't he atleast afraid of any outcomes?

"who's fault was it?"

"mine. but she annoyed me, so it's hers?"

"really. aren't you going to apologise?"