~Rintarō Suna~

Requested by:

coffee--milk

note from author:
hi dear, hope you don't stress much about things and please focus on yourself! You're a wonderful human being and you are loved!

Suna wasn't quite the guy you would run to whenever you felt emotional and overall disoriented. His personality consists of him just slacking off and seemed to be quiet in usual times. His eyes would always give a lazy yet deadpan stare whenever you glanced at him, he wasn't quite the correct person you would open up to - you were too afraid he just wouldn't give a shit. He would poke Kita and let out sneaky remarks, which made you even anxious about opening up. What if he treated you with mockery?

What about Atsunu? No, he seemed out of it in his season. Despite him being one of your closest friends, he avoids being with you due to his studies and sport team. It was quite reasonable, but the ignorance he gave you wasn't really..fair. You were close with Osamu too, yet not as good as the blonde twin.

Bingo, that's the problem.

You didn't quite understand why Atsumu suddenly went along his way to create distance between the two of you, even forbidding Osamu in talking nor staring at you. To your knowledge - none of you had a fight, no misunderstandings, no nothing. Him blocking your number just suddenly happened. It hurt, alot.

"Y/n." you flinched, almost banging your forehead on the wall beside you if it wasn't for Suna blocking the surface - your forehead hit the back of his hand instead. You turned a bit with your posture fixing, tilting your head in a sign of curiosity - you and Suna never really hit it off, you aren't friends in the close stage yet, so it was new seeing him so close to you.

"do you..need something?" he stared blankly for awhile before nodding, "It's the Twins, our after school practice are gonna start soon but they're not around yet. They don't wanna pick up their phone. And since you're close with both, mind texting them for us?" once the twins were mentioned, your mood immediately sulked down, you missed their conversations with you, you missed their presence truly.

"I'm sorry, i-"

"oh wait, they blocked you. Ahaa, my bad." he lazily smiled, he indeed was mocking you. He was being salty again, he knew what happened. But honestly, who wouldn't? The three of you were always so close, and you couldn't expect Atsumu to not spread around what he and Osamu did to you towards his teammates.

"are you..serious right now..?" you questioned in disbelief, Suna tilted his head - not backing his smirk down, of course. He was snarky, you had no chance against someone like him..

"i should get going, you should too, its afterschool," he chuckled in a tone of mockery, placing his hands inside the pockets of his pants, walking towards the door before he stopped, taking a quick glance at what could possibly your expression look like. Mad? Angry? Oh boy, he was excited to see you frustrated.

".." his dead fish eyes turned surprised, as his mouth slightly agape. You were crying, sobbing even, he felt a heavy weigh drop against his shoulders as he felt guilt and conscience. He figured you would be upset and bothered, but didn't quite think that far ahead. He wanted to leave you and let you breakdown alone, but his feet refused to walk away from your miserable state.

Though, all you heard was footsteps indicating he left. He left you in this..mess he created. You felt out of place now, Atsumu was the first companion you had that truly understood you. It hurt so much he left with nothing to say—

..?

"im sorry." you felt a hand grab the back of your head and your forehead placed on someone's stomach. "i shouldn't have said that," even though your vision was blurry from your non stop overflowing tears, you knew this voice belonged to Suna. He didn't leave. He stayed.

"please stop crying, im sorry." his voice lowered in hint of desperation, he truly was apologetic, and it was a knew side of him.

"w-why would he j-jUst leave me like that?" your voice broke in the middle of your hiccups, Suna frowning after noticing the crack.

"i don't know,"

"am I not good enough to be a friend of his? am I this useless to the world?" he went silent and patted your head, signalling you to rant everything that's been bothering you. "was I nothing to him..? did he only need my help in his studies just to throw me off like that?"

"..."

"I deserve nobody.."

"hey." he finally intervened, his hand going towards your chin to lift your head up - making eye contact with your teary eyes, he found you pretty despite crying. Which made him smile a bit yet immediately went back to where he left off. "don't say that."

"but i-"

"shh. let me finish," he motioned you to keep silent. "you do deserve somebody. just because you're having this trouble with a close friend of yours doesn't truly mean you've lost the rights to be with someone. maybe Atsumu did like being with you, and maybe he didn't. but don't think about that right now, think about yourself." he paused to caress his thumb over your cheek.

"look at you, you're thinking about others too much and lost focus on yourself. Regain what you lost, it'll be much better than what you had before."

"no one wants to be with me."

"says who?"

"says me."

"then I beg to disagree," his eyes still deadpanned, but you saw his sincerity. Not only in his gaze, yet in his tone too, he wanted to make you feel better, he truly did. he truly was trying.

"stop crying now. some problems are just better to let go rather than to battle. you aren't gonna keep rotten food, aren't you? it's gonna make you sick. apply that logic to your problems. the more you hold on, the more you get worse. Focus on yourself for once, it's gonna get better. not now, maybe not soon, but it will. " he sighed and pushed you away lightly after glancing at his watch, placing his hands back inside his pocket.

"suna.."

"hm? come to practice with me, let's hang out. watch me annoy Kita."

"the twins.."

"shh, you're with me, not the twins. keep your head up," and with that he patted you on the head.

You are loved