♡Iwaizumi Hajime♡

genre: angst/small fluff
warnings: cursing

ayo, here I am making angst again mwehehehehehe

•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦

I wish i could turn back the time to fix what I chose to do rather than hurt you.

•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦•❦

Iwaizumi yawned into the palm of his hand as he tiredly blinks away the blurriness in his vision, sitting down on his soft mattress for a few more minutes — staring down at his window before he finally decided to get off his bed, contemplating whether he should fix the mess, but came to a decision of procrastinating instead, leaving his room in a pigsty situation as he lazily grabbed his jacket, which was lying down on the floor along with the numerous others across around.

Jogging downstairs inside the home you two shared, his glance immediately flickered towards the kitchen, a small smile curving his slightly dried out lips upwards into a small and soft smile - the very first thing he thought of was making breakfast for the two of you, his job was indeed exhausting, but he knew yours was just as hard also the fact you play as a "housewife" too. And he wanted to make you feel relaxed in these couple of days, making you breakfast was atleast an action he could do for you.

Grabbing a pan and pancake mix along with other needed necessities, Iwaizumi groaned upon noticing his apron was kind of filthy. Not even bothering to put it on, it wouldn't be a good much of an idea.

whilst letting the pancake cook in low heat, he moved away from the stove to grab a vase — his other hand grasping onto a red rose, placing the flower inside. Afterwards gracefully placing it down the wooden table, humming a small tune as he admired its alluring scarlet petals. he knew you always loved small gifts, so he kept doing it from high school until the present.

grunting as he stretches, he glanced on the wall clock as it showed the current time, excitement quickly filled his eyes as it shined. You were almost home from your shift! He missed you dearly, he didn't want you taking overnight shifts upon knowing the dangers but he trusted you a lot. It took awhile before he agreed due to his hesitation but in the end, he came through.

smelling his cooking, he walked back inside the kitchen to turn off the stove, placing the breakfast down on the table whilst his non occupied hand grabbed syrup and placed it down. Just a few more minutes until you were home, god he wanted to be in your arms again.

"iwa-chan~ y/n wants to have a date with youuu~!"

"what the fuck" Iwaizumi blushed dark red despite the curse he recently hissed out, he just didn't except the brunette to suddenly blurt that our during practice. He always had a huge crush on you, he wanted you forever, he wanted to get to know you more.

"im also surprised. i thought they fancied me,"

"not everyone likes you, oikawa." the setter tilted his head in susprise as the ace raised a brow, silently questioning the choice of expression Oikawa had. "did y/n-chan excite you that much you had to call me by name?" the brown haired chuckled out, fixing his posture before pointing at a familiar figure. It was you. Staring down at Iwaizumi with a small smile - admiring him from a safe distance.

"looks like someone wants to talk to you i-wa-chan~"

"shut up." he muttered and faked irritation in his voice - masking up the blush that gone more red than the color scarlet. Finally having the guts to stare back at your beautiful eyes, making solid eye contact as the both of you smiled. As if the world stop for the two of you.

"I'll always be with you, even if my hair turns gray."

"what the fuck, y/n?!" Iwaizumi screamed, glaring at you with nothing hut disbelief. You reeked of alcohol. He wasn't upset at the fact you came home later than he excepted, he would never scream at you like that if all you did was drink. But at this present moment? Alcohol wasn't the only scent he could smell.

"i..i can explain." you tried to justify what was the obvious, but you knew well that there was no backing out in such a huge mistake - no, a regretted choice. There was no escape in this conversation, if it was just alcohol you could've explained the small get together at your workplace. But unfortunately for you, the case was way more worse than that.

"you..you fucking promised." Iwaizumi couldn't help his tears anymore, he couldn't even stand correctly. His heart ached, everything hurt. His feelings, his mood, his chest. He felt every safe emotions you gave disappear as if it was nothing.

"was our marriage nothing but a joke to you, L/N?!?" he yelled your last name in pain - no longer accepting you as his partner, he wasn't yelling with anger. All he could feel is disappointment, disbelief and sorrow. He cried, he cried so loud it didn't just break him. It broke your heart too. But you knew he was experiencing more pain than you, he was the victim. He always was..

"I'm sorry..im so sorry."

you smelled of another person. you didn't smell like his home anymore. you didn't have the same sweet and familiar scent.

You weren't safe for him anymore.

You cheated.