Chikara Ennoshita [Fluff]

are you truly happy or are you convincing yourself to think that way in order to manipulate your own mind that you are okay?

here's some fluff to cheer you up
---------------------------

"Hello, is Enno here?" you knocked on the gymnasium doors loudly — your knuckles banging the door repeatedly before the 2nd year duo took notice of the noise, both heads turning towards your direction as their faces immediately lit up, their hands waving in the air. "Hi L/n!!" they greeted in unison happily, a big ol grin on their faces.

"L/n." Kageyama bowed his head, acknowledging your arrival, his usual screaming voice cooling off to greet you in a monotone way before a volleyball hit the back of his head, irking him and chasing around Hinata — whom he assumed was the one who threw it.

"I didn't do it!"

"Dumbass! Who else would do me like this?!"

"Tsukishima," you warned, shaking your head in disapproval before chuckling with the salty male. "What? I'm not allowed to mess with King over there?" he sassily questioned, raising a brow as his best friend Yamaguchi laughed quietly from behind him.

"Hi sugar," Ennoshita jogged from the other side of the gymnasium, gasping for air as his sweat dripped down from his face. Tsukishima made a cringed expression, walking away with the green haired pinch server trailing behind him. You smiled at your lover, hugging him which made him push you away gently. Causing you to frown visibly, upset at his actions.

"Don't overthink this, I'm just sweaty, I wouldn't want you to hug me while I'm a smelly mess," he laughed out, patting you on the head softly, his eyes glowing with love and compassion, staring at you made his smile wider each second.

"Aphrodite would be jealous of your beauty."

"Oh stop it you." you blushed, looking away with the grin you attempted to hid — which you weren't successful with after he gives you a quick peck on the cheek. "I can't look away, you're just breathtaking." he continues in his gebiune compliments, planting small and soft kisses on your cheek, forehead and the tip of your nose.

"pda police pda police!" Nishinoya and Tanaka yelled in unison as Ennoshita stares at them blankly, groaning quietly before turning back at you. "Sorry, was i too much?" he questioned, tilting his head towards the side with a small embarrassed smile, afraid he was being too extra.

Yet his frown turned to a more serene state after your warm smile stayed with a head shaking indicating you disagreed on his question. "I'm so excited for your practice game against Nekoma. I can't wait to see you play." you said with an excited tone, Ennoshita nodding lightly — suddenly gaining the urge to just stay silent.

Upon noticing this, you placed a hand on your lover's shoulder. Concerned, you used your point ffingger to tilt his head up a bit; "Hey, what's with the sudden mood change? You weren't being extra."  he shook his head and turned away a bit, avoiding your worried eyes.

"It's not that. I know I should be excited for our match despite it being practice but," he paused, hesitating whether he should vent what he truly felt at that moment or just move the topic somewhere else. But seeing your stare, he sighed and swallowed his inner pride before continuing:

" I'm sorry that I'm only in the sidelines, Y/n. I'm not like our god speed first years, its..its not the same as it used to. I'm not placed in court anymore, well..rarely. So I'm sorry if you aren't gonna see much of me, I'm not as good." he stammered just a tiny bit out of nervousness but he managed a small cheeky grin in the end, sheepishly trying to sound positive. (which in his case was impossible but A+ for trying)

You frowned,  "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sure am! I'm glad our first years are..are getting the attention they deserve, you know? It—" he stopped as he realized tears were urging to fall out of his beautiful eyes. He wiped it off with the back of his hand in a breeze as he choked a bit.

"It's okay. I unde—understand it. I just miss playing in court with the rest of the team. The adrenaline rush after each and every spike, every group hug in every round win. I just..yeah." he sighed and let out a breath, smiling at you a bit after his small rant. "But I hope you enjoy it anyways," he kissed you in your forehead, patting you afterwards. Attempting to make you feel better after visibly making you sad.

"Don't feel bad for me, sugar. I still have alot of games to look forward to, and a new position to take in my 3rd year." he hugs you and closes his eyes.

"Besides, I don't mind being in the
sidelines. I get to stare at you while you sit in the bleachers. it makes me imagine about so many things that makes me happy, and besides spending time with you is 100% better than my presence in court."

In the end, you comforted Ennoshita with warm words and a soft kiss was shared between the two of you (with the pda police duo being held back by the team captain ofcourse) . He was lucky to have you, and you were just as lucky to have him.