Chapter 69: Iron Rods

Start from the beginning

I had two guns on me. I had stolen another from one of the dead men. I checked the number of bullets I had. 6 in one, 5 in the other. 11 bullets in total. I counted the men who surrounded Tae excluding Sooman. I wanted to choke him with my bare hands. There were 17 people. 11 bullets, 17 men. It was funny how all my skills would be useless if they shoot me before I reach him. There was another way to get close to him and oh did I hate this option! Tae convinced me for 3 days before I agreed to let him teach me how to use guns. Turned out, I had a talent. My bullets rarely hit off the mark after a week of practice. I could take down 11 men if I was fast enough. Fast enough to do what I want to do before they react.

One of my guns had a silencer so it could work. It was risky but it could work. It was a risk I was willing to take. I was hoping to not kill those men. The only person I wanted to watch die was Sooman. Luckily, my boyfriend taught me where to shoot a person to make them unconscious but not kill them instantly. He really did have a plan. From surrounding me with security to training me with guns, Tae did it all. He did everything in his power to protect me and now I would do the same for him.

I approached them from behind with the gun with silencer. 4 seconds and 6 shots later, 6 of them were down. 11 more to go. Another 3 seconds and 5 bullets later, 5 more were down. 11 down, 5 more to go. That's when I surrended and got my man's attention. He raised his head and looked at me, confused. I couldn't stand the confusion. As if I would really leave him behind to stay and play hero? A sudden urge overcame me to go and punch Tae in the face for his stupid idea of sacrificing himself but that could wait.

"I am weak at maths. I was short of 5 bullets. You could shoot me but I guess your boss would like me alive?", I smiled at the remaining 5 men who were split seconds away from shooting me in the head.

"Don't!", Sooman walks back in with a cup of coffee in his hand. Imagine drinking coffee after hurting so many people. He stopped them and looked at me like I was his prey. He clearly wanted me alive so he could put his filthy hands on me again. I would let him honestly if that's what it would take to get Tae out of there but unfortunately, for Sooman, this time I wasn't chained.

"Oh look Tae! Your little pet came back to help you. Aren't you two adorable?", Sooman said, sipping his coffee.

I looked at Taehyung and saw him glaring at me. He looked scary and the look on his face told me I was in trouble. He wouldn't leave me alone for coming back and I was gonna get it but later.

"Have me. Let him go", I told Sooman, smiling.

"I can have you both though. I can fuck you in front of Taehyung before I kill him", he chuckled at his masterplan.

"Don't be silly. You think you can touch me before he is out of this place and back home safe?" Smile never leaving my face. Jin hyung had always taught me to pretend to be confident even though you are terried inside.

"Catch him and bring him to me", Sooman ordered the remaining five and I pointed my empty gun to my temple threatenig to kill myself. "One from step from anybody and you can fuck my corpse", I said. "I will walk with you willingly after he is out of this building and safe. You can do whatever you want." They had Tae chained up to my left on a distance and I couldn't for the love of God, gather the courage to look in his direction after what I had said to Sooman.

Sooman gave it a serious thought as he checked me out again as if trying to figure if I was worth letting Taehyung go and I was hoping I was.

"You know that I will kill you right?", Taehyung mumbled from my left and I was sure he was talking to Sooman but then I looked at him and found him glaring at me. He was talking about killing me. Made sense. I was out here offering myself to Sooman as my boyfriend watched. I was clearly going to be killed by Tae later but I still very much wanted him to be alive to be able to do so. Therefore, the barter was still on. I told Sooman I wanted his men to let Tae go and I would voluntarily go with him.

He thought about it. That maniac. And he agreed. Now I knew he was crazy. He gave away 7 years of revenge for a boy he wanted to sleep with. They let Tae down as he groaned. He was hanged with his arms above the ground. Ofcourse he was hurting with all his weight on his arms as his legs dangled in the air. When they removed the chains, he fell, not being able to feel his legs but I held him as he would hold me if it was me in the situation. His face was two inches away from mine as he whispered in my ear.

"I have a good news and a bad one", he said.
"Good news is that those 5 men don't have any bullets left in their guns and the bad news is that I will kill you if you let that man touch you."

"Can you stand?", I asked him and it took him a few seconds but he nodded. "Are you sure they don't have any bullets left?"

"None". That is all I needed to know.

"I changed my mind. I am going to walk out with Tae. I am sorry but my man doesn't want me to sleep with you", I smiled at Sooman. Those 5 men immediately point their guns at us in an attempt to threaten and I let them.

I walked straight upto one of them, his gun pointed to my temple and I let him know what he feels like to have 3 bones broken in your body at the same when you are hit with a tornado kick. He lied on the ground screaming in pain when the other 4 march at me. 4 on one with no guns involved was easy for me and I was mad. One was down, four more to go. I could feel Taehyung's stare on me when I punched the next one in his gut making him spit blood. It is important to stay focused when you fight but I wasn't. Thanks to the boyfriend staring at me. He was so going to kill me for this. I ducked a punch by one of the men and the very next second show him how to actually throw a punch and he didn't last any longer. I realised these men were sloppy fighters. Take the gun away and they don't even know how to throw a proper punch. Like I said, being distracted while you fight is not a  good idea. I got hit in the face, thank God he miss my nose but I could swear I heard Tae gasp. I gave him a quick look as I got up from the ground to tell him I was okay and alive enough for him to kill me later. The old maniac just watched with the coffee mug in his hand.

A few more punches and kicks later, I had all 5 on the groud. All 17 down. It was just us now. Sooman, Tae and me.

"Oh, isn't it a family reunion?", Sooman chuckled.

"And we need to celebrate" I said picking up an iron rod that I had noticed while fighting those men. I picked it up and thought how poetic it was. Sooman and his relationship with iron rodes.

To be continued...

Check out my new book 'Your Eyes Tell' if you haven't already. Things gonna get serious over there and don't forget to vote and comment!