Chapter 18.

I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage after the boys had just performed their opening number, 'Live While Were Young'.

The crowd went crazy and I smiled out at them but it felt forced. I took a seat down at the piano and placed my fingers on the keys.

I spoke into my microphone softly as a hush filled the stadium and the boys sat on the couch, watching me.

"So I'm not gonna lie. I would think the majority of you know about the events of this week. But nevertheless, as part of Harry's birthday present I planned to sing this song to him. So.. Yeah. After everything that happened, I hate being all dramatic so I just wanna say, happy birthday Harry," I spoke quietly, the whole room silent and awaiting my performance.

I began playing the piano, my fingers flowing over the keys.

"It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside.. I'm not one of those who can easily hide. I don't have much money, but boy if I did. I'd buy a big house where, we both can live.." I sang out, my voice carrying over the stadium.

"Anyway the thing is, what I really mean.. Yours are the sweetest eyes, I've ever seen. And you can tell everybody, this is your song. It may be quite simple but now that it's done.. I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I put down in words. How wonderful life is. Now you're in the world." My voice shook in places but I carried on, wiping the stray tears that fell down my face.

"I know it's not much but, it's the best I can do. My gift is my song and this ones for you."

"I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind.. That I put down in words, how wonderful life is. Now you're in the world." The tears were now flowing steadily down my face as the stadium became quiet.

I looked over to Harry, his face pale and sad. I stood up and forced a smile and the crowd went crazy, clapping and cheering as I walked off the stage to clean myself up before my next song.  

After the concert, I had a load of people come up to me and tell me how good I was, ask for autographs and taking pictures. I forced a smile for each and every person that came up to me but honestly I just felt sick to the stomach.

After two long hours of signings, I left and went back to the hotel. It was pouring rain and I'm pretty sure thunder and lightening was to be expected.

I jumped into my bed and pulled the covers over my head. I couldn't stop thinking about Harry, no matter what I did and I clearly couldn't go to sleep because of it.

I decided to get up and go for a walk so I quickly slipped on one of Harry's jumpers. I took the elevator downstairs and walked outside, it barely registering in my head that the rain was soaking my body.

I numbly sat on the bench located outside the hotel and looked up into the sky, the rain mixing in with my tears.

I don't know how long I was sitting outside when I heard my name being called. I turned my head around quickly, seeing Harry running towards me as I quickly stood up.

"What the hell are you doing out here, Cris?" He shouted through the rain as the skies rumbled and lightening struck.

I shrugged and he frowned, taking off his coat and wrapping it around my shoulders. I protested but he persisted until I slumped down on the bench again.

"Go away Harry." I mumbled as he sat beside me.

"No Cris, we need to talk." He said as I stood up again angrily.

"No Harry, we don't. You broke up with me then got with that slut Stacy. We're over, I don't know why your so persistent on this!" I shouted angrily.

"You know I made a fucking mistake, why can't you get over it and forgive me?" He shouted back, walking up to me.

"Okay, I forgive you Harry okay! But that doesn't mean I want to get back with you. So maybe it time you get over it. And me." I said, tears now pouring down my face.

"Cris I-" he started just as he took a step towards me. I ran away from him, not noticing bright lights coming my way.

The last thing I heard was Harry shouting my name and I blacked out.