Chapter 3.

For the past two weeks I had been on edge. Every time my phone went off, I jumped and my palms got sweaty and every time I was looking through my emails there was a knot in my stomach.

Today was the deadline. If they didn't ring today, I wasn't in. I decided to go shopping with Sarah to take my mind off of it and relax.

We met in Starbucks and got Chai Lattes, avoiding the subject of the audition until I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Sarah, the update said the winner will be called before 2pm today. It's 1:45 now, I so didn't get in!" I complained and leaned my head on the table. Just then, my phone began buzzing. I raised my head in shock and stared at it, unable to move.

"Get it then!" Sarah ordered me as I shakily picked up my phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice filled with nerves.

"Is this Cristina Salman?" A soft voice said and I looked frantically at Sarah again. She motioned for me to keep talking and I nodded, clearing my throat.

"Yeah, that's me." I said and then mentally hitting myself for sounding so dumb.

"Well we have good news and bad news for you." The voice said and I grabbed Sarah's hand anxiously.

"The good news is, you have been chosen to perform with One Direction in their worldwide tour. The bad news is.. You have to leave tomorrow." I dropped the phone in shock my body shaking.

"Hello? Cristina?" the person said and I quickly picked it up and listened again.

"Sorry.. I'm just kinda in shock right now," I breathed and the woman laughed and began giving me the details for tomorrow.

"I can't believe you won!" Sarah screamed and I nodded, unable to speak.

We went home then to pack, since I was leaving for a couple of months, maybe even a year, I had to pack a lot of clothes and Sarah and I were obviously going to spend the night together.

I began imagining what my life would be like, spending the next year of my life touring with One Direction.