Prologue

I sat in my bathroom, almost sweating with the idea. I couldn't be, we weren't ready. I thought, as I stared down at the positive pregnancy test sitting in my hand.

My husband and I have just gotten married, ten days ago, and I'm already pregnant. Holy shit. How's everyone going to react?

<~>
Three weeks later

I sat on our bed, staring at the door, waiting for him to walk in. I had a banner that said 'you're gonna be a daddy' in rainbow letters. I also had the test, a onesie, and a binky that said 'daddy'.

I heard the front door to our apartment open and my husband walked through the flat, setting down his stuff and walking back towards our bedroom, towards me. My hands shook as I held the onesie, binky, and test. He would be walking in any moment.

When he did open the door, he scanned the room. His eyes stopped on the banner and he shook his head.

"Is this some kinky shit? 'Cause I'm in," he chuckled, untying his tie.

"No, here," I shoved everything into his hand and watched as his face contorted.

"A baby?"

"Yeah,"

"A baby?! Really?" He was crying now, which made me cry too. Stupid hormones.

"I have a ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. Figured you'd want to come." I nodded, pulling him into a hug.

<~>
Two weeks later

I was walking, hand in hand, with Louis into his childhood home. It was easier for us to come here, instead of Jay and Mark bringing all of the kids over to our apartment.

Jay, Louis' mum, greeted us, hugging me, and staring at my face for a second. She shook her head and smiled weirdly at me and her son.

Then, two toddlers came toddling up to us. Ernie and Doris, Louis' baby siblings. They were the cutest and I couldn't wait for my own little bundle of joy.

A few hours later, we were sitting at the table. Lottie, Fizzy, Daisy, Phoebe, Doris and Ernie, Louis, me and their parents all sat at a pretty small table, so it was a pretty tight squeeze.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted, covering my mouth with my hand. "About a month and a half,"

"Congratulations." Fizzy and Lottie said together.

"A baby?!" Phoebe gasped, slapping her twins arm. "A baby!"

"Yes," Louis giggled, watching his sisters with a smile on his face.

"We're happy for you." Mark said, patting my back. "If you need anything, we're here."

"Thank you."

<~>
Four months later

"What?!" Louis yelled into his phone. I watched as he paces around our apartment.

"What's going on, love?"

"Okay, thanks," he hung up and turned to me. "My mum is in the hospital." He burst out in tears.

"What?" I frowned, she seemed okay when we saw her last. A few weeks ago.

"She's been getting sick, Mark said, but she wanted to keep it under wraps. But the doctor says she only has a few weeks left. She has a bad case of Leukemia." He cried, hugging me to his chest. "I can't lose her, she's my life line, my anchor."

<~>
A month later

I stood beside my husband as he buried his mum. I tried to be tough, tried not to cry. But my mother in law just died, and I'm six months pregnant. I was bawling the whole time.