"We went to a baseball game last week-"

"You already told me that last week-"

"Let me complete, Tara." I nod.

"He went today cause he's selected for the signed ball."

"Really? That's great. Why didn't you go along, Daksh?"

"He went with Rianne." He said with sad puppy eyes. 

"Rianne as in his girlfriend?"

He nodded like a sad child. I burst out laughing. 

"See, that's what I'm talking about. Now, you know the importance of having girlfriends."

"You talk like my mother." I laugh some more. 

"Stop laughing, Tara. You're supposed to be sad, remember?"

"Okay. How's Elena?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows with a smirk. "You didn't talk about her today, you always have something about her everyday." 

"No, I don't talk about her. I complain about her. She annoys me."

"She giving you a hard time?" I enact a fake worried face.

"Always." 

The confused annoying look on his face is so cute, I can se some sparks forming deep down inside of him. I take a screenshot on my phone. 

"Well, the girls will be here soon. Later."

"Bye."

I get ready with the food supplies arrange them perfectly on the dining table, the girl's night playlist ready in hand and rom com movie list to binge watch. Soon all the girls reach my apartment, swarming over the place like a typhoon. 

Hera explains her set of dating news to Ridha and Laura. And I work up my courage to detail on the events from yesterday and today. It's almost byhearted, the same sentences I've been reciting a couple times now. 

"We want to hear the meet cute." Laura is now getting to the eager part as she bites down on her sandwich.

"Well, it's about a very long time ago..."

"Don't drag it, Hera." I say with jealousy.

Everyone starts laughing. 

"It was the day of our final interview for admission to the Master's, seven years ago."

"Woah, that's a lot of time. How did you guys held up this long without-"

"You're deviating from the origin, Ridha." Laura says, her mouth stuffed up with the rest of the sandwich. 

I sit there, listening to them all, trying to interfere with jokes, decorating my fingers with corn ring chips eventually eating it up from my fingers. 

"We met in the cafeteria the day of our admission interview. I was stressing out cause it was soon my turn to go in after the lunch break, and with all the panic I didn't notice the change in the taste of the drink that I ordered."

"Then entered the male lead of the story saying that it's his drink that she picked up by mistake." I say with fake batting my eyes like a high school drama character.

"Come on, Tara. Let me explain it with my own details."

"The stage is all yours."

I watched Hera dramatically explaining the look he gave when he saw her, her reactions from inside, how he helped her with the stress since his interview was over way before, how they forgot about their drink being replaced, blah, blah. All in slow motion.