Finale:The Greatest Hero Ever

(Narrator's POV)

*Years later...*

*Flash!!*

The warp Pad went off as the now older Tsuyu Asui arrived at the Beach House. Thanks to the combined efforts of both Mei Hatsume and Peridot, she and anyone else could warp back and forth without the need of a Gem. Good thing too since it made seeing Steven a lot easier.

"Hey Tsu! What took you so long?" Amethyst asked as Tsuyu smiled and showed off Steven's quirk license. Due to the Hero System being abolished, quirk users now needed a license to legally use their quirks in public. And since everyone in Class 1-A had graduated, they all received theirs.

Steven, however, was a complicated case due to him being quirkless and just having inherited superhuman powers. But thankfully, Star and Stripe took care of any red tape and managed to get the hybrid his license to use his powers while in Japan.

It was a time of peace. Due to Shigaraki's change of heart, he told All Might and the other heroes everything about All For One's plan, allowing the heroes to get the jump on the villain and bring him down for good. Shigaraki, Dabi and Toga were all taken in, but Shigaraki didn't end up in Tartarus but rather a rehabilitation center for people corrupted by their own quirks.

"Nice! Speaking of Steven, where is he anyway? Weren't you all hanging out?" Amethyst asked as Tsuyu smiled.

*Meanwhile at the Quirk Rehabilitation Clinic*

Steven smiled as Shigaraki and a wheelchair bound Izuku came out. The two of them had formed a friendship while in rehab and while Steven was saddened over Izuku having to be admitted in due to the after effects of One For All, he was still happy to see his friend in good spirits.

"So how are you guys holding up?" He asked.

"Getting better day by day, I guess. Strange as it may sound, I feel... cleaner." Shigaraki said as Izuku chuckled.

"That could be because you just took a shower. Just saying." He said as the 3 of them laughed at the joke.

"So...how long did they say you two would be in here?" Steven asked as Shigaraki sighed.

"Truth be told, it should be soon from what news we both got. They've weaned me off of All For One and my disintegration quirk is under much better control now. As for Izuku, I'd hope the same thing." He said.

"Actually it's not that simple for me. Truth is...while I'll probably be out of here soon, I'll never be the same again. One for All really did a number on me and I'll be in a wheelchair for a good while, even after I get out of here. I feel bad for my Mom though. I don't want to be a burden on her or any of you guys, Steven...." Izuku said sadly....

"Ah stop talking like that. You know damn well we'll all be there for you until you can walk again." A voice said as Bakugo, Ochaco and Inko all came in, much to the happiness of a tearful Izuku.

"Izuku, you know you could never be a burden on us. We'll see this through together." Ochaco said, kissing Izuku on the cheek as Shigaraki smiled.

"Heh. Lucky you. Having somewhere to go...." He said as Inko smiled.

"What is that supposed to mean, Tomura? You are staying with us once you are out of here."  She said as tears fell from Shigaraki's eyes as Steven got up and walked out to leave them to have their moment.

"Steven......thank you. For giving me another chance." Shigaraki said as Steven smiled and left the rehab center as Izuku smiled.

"I may not have achieved my goal of being the greatest hero ever. But I think the person who did achieve that? He just left the room." He said as Inko, Bakugo, Shigaraki and Ochaco all smiled. They couldn't agree more.

To them and others who knew him, Steven Universe was the greatest hero ever.

And that's the end of yet another story. Glad y'all stuck around for the ride.

Thanks to everyone who liked and read this story.

Until next time, stay golden.

Lurkerbelow

Endie_287

Craftfury

FilippoMasiero2

Jss2141