Catching The Eyes of Many

(Narrator's POV)

Once in the back, it didn't take long for Steven to be bombarded with congratulations from his friends and classmates at UA. Tsuyu was the first one, planting a kiss on the hybrid's cheek and wrapping him in a hug. Ochaco hugged him as well, despite her own slight disappointment that Izuku had lost.

Mina and Camie were ecstatic as well, the latter posting on social media about Steven's victory with the #SportsFestivalChamp.

Bakugo simply chuckled and congratulated Steven, saying how he wondered how it would have gone had he not been injured and was able to compete himself, raising some chuckles from everyone at the potential matchup. It was definitely one that could have been great if Bakugo wasn't injured and many did wonder how it would go.

But in no way should any type of speculation take away from Steven's victory as All Might,Midnight, Aizawa and Mirio came in to congratulate him as well.

"Well. Congratulations certainly are in order, Steven. I knew I saw something special in you that day we met and it looks like you're only getting started. But don't you think there's a group of people who'd like to see that trophy and hear about your victory as well?" Star and Stripe said as she came in, causing Steven to realize who she meant.

She was right. The Gems would love to hear about this as well.

"Go ahead and see your family, Steven. We'll catch up later. *Ribbit*" She said as she kissed Steven on the cheek before the hybrid left with Star and Stripe to go inform the Gems of his victory.

After he left, Mina giggled.

"Soooo. Excited about your upcoming date, Tsu?" She asked as Tsuyu blushed. With all the commotion, it was easy to forget about the wager Burnin had made with her and Steven. Now that Steven had won not only that match but the entire tournament, it meant the two of them had the ball to look forward to.

"Yes. The signs of affection between you two have been quite noticible, Asui. Mostly from you. Do I sense something between you and Steven?" Midnight asked as Tsuyu blushed.

"I-Its not what you all think! *Ribbit*" She exclaimed as everyone laughed as the frog girl blushed furiously.

*Meanwhile back in Beach City*

"Oh my! We're so proud of you, Steven!" Pearl exclaimed as she and the other Gems gushed over the hybrid as Star and Stripe told them all of his victory in the Tournament. Needless to say, they were all thrilled to hear the news.

"I wish we could have been there to see it! Gah why did we have to do a field trip that day?!? All we did was go out to Strawberry fields! That's it! Meanwhile Steven's kicking butt in a combat tournament and we missed it!" Amethyst groaned as Pearl rolled her eyes, ignoring the Purple Gem's griping as Garnet chuckled.

"Well now that you've proven how strong you are, I believe it's time to prove how smooth and sweet you are, Steven. You have a date coming up and I would think you'd like to look your best for it." The fusion said with a smile as Steven blushed.

"Yeah. Me and Tsuyu are going to the ball together. That's where they'll hand out the medals from the Tournament too." He said as Pearl smiled.

"Well we have to get you prepared and looking handsome for the occasion! Let's go find your father and see if we can't get him to take us to the local clothing store to find you a nice suit." She said as Star and Stripe smiled.

"Don't worry, Steven. I'll let Tsuyu and the others know you'll see them tomorrow." She said as Garnet guided her back to Japan through the warp.

*Meanwhile back in Japan, a trio of villains are talking*

*So you heard the news about the new hero at UA?*

*Another one? Who's it this time? They just pick em off the streets!*

*Nah. This one's different, Shigaraki. Quirkless but strong as Hell from what I've gathered. Likely above Midoriya*

*Above Deku-Kun? Hehehehe! Now I'm interested in this new hero! I can't wait to taste his blood! I bet it tastes so good!*

*Easy Toga. I'd say one of us should have a little fun with him. And since you brought it up, Dabi...*

*Tch. Fine. I was going to anyway...*

Looks like Steven's gained the attention of heroes and villains alike! What will happen when our boy encounters Dabi? WHEN will he encounter Dabi? See ya next chapter!

Lurkerbelow

Endie_287

FilippoMasiero2

Craftfury

Jss2141