Steven vs Shigaraki/Real Heroes Still Exist

(Narrator's POV)

"Shigaraki! I'm here! Where are you?" Steven called out as he arrived at the area where he was supposed to meet the villain. It wasn't something anyone was looking forward to but it needed to be done to stop a full fledged war from breaking out. He made sure to let Star and Stripe know to tell his family the situation in case the worst happened.

Not like this was something new to the hybrid. He's been in this type of situation before. He's had to stop a war before and it looks like he'd have to do it again. But for some reason, he didn't feel as nervous as he did when he went to Homeworld. And while he wouldn't be able to tell you why that was, he knew that something had to give.

"Huh?!?" Steven exclaimed as he quickly had to dodge a strike from Shigaraki!

"Heh.. impressive. You sensed me somehow. I must say, you're more than meets the eye, Steven Universe. It's a shame such talents are being wasted at UA. But enough! Let's see you impress me more!!" The villain exclaimed as he then went strike after strike as Steven blocked them all with his shield, much to the surprise of Shigaraki!

"What's this?!? Your shield should be disintegrated by now!!! Why can't I harm you?!? What are you anyway?!?" He yelled in fury.

"Steven!!!" The voice of Izuku could be heard as he and the rest of Class 1-A showed up to lend their support if needed.

"You heroes are all the same! You only give a damn about the glitz that comes with being a hero! Even you, Izuku Midoriya, became a hero because you wanted to be like All Might! All of you so called heroes have ulterior motives!" Shigaraki raged as Steven simply looked at him  for a moment. It reminded him of Spinel in an odd way. So much so that the hybrid did the unthinkable and lowered his shield, much to the worry of Tsuyu and the others as well as the surprise of Shigaraki.

"What the..?" The villain asked in surprise as Steven spoke.

"That isn't what a real hero does. That's not what it should be about. Plain and simple." The hybrid said calmly as Shigaraki looked at him and chuckled.

"What? You..agree with me?" He asked as Steven continued.

"Shigaraki. For all of my strength, I could care less about being recognized. Yeah, I won the Sports Festival Tournament but that was just because I wanted to test my abilities. It wasn't about the fame or popularity for me. I've never cared about any of that at all." The hybrid said as Shigaraki went totally silent, allowing Steven to continue speaking.

"In every accomplishment I've gotten, it's never been about recognition. I do what I do for people because I want to help people. Just seeing someone happy is enough for me, you know? I care about others. My friends. My family. The people I love and care about..they keep me going. They keep me level. And they motivate me. That's what it's about for me: Doing the right thing." The hybrid said, smiling at Shigaraki who could feel tears begin to start coming out of his eyes....just as he charged right at the defenseless Steven!

"STEVEN!" Tsuyu screamed.

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?!? PUT YOUR SHIELD BACK UP OR HE'LL KILL YOU!!!" Bakugo yelled just as Shigaraki was about to connect with his attack...

And stopped right within an inch of Steven's face,much to the shock of everyone else

"What?" Ochaco gasped as they all saw Shigaraki break down sobbing. This was something no one ever expected.

"....All these years.....I thought heroes were dead. The heroes that I admired and needed....I thought they had turned their back on me...." Shigaraki said tearfully as Steven smiled

"Well. I haven't." The hybrid said as Shigaraki looked at him.

"Why? Why do you want to help me? Just....why?" He asked as Steven smiled at him.

"To show you real heroes still exist.." The hybrid replied as Shigaraki just looked at him, tears still in his eyes as he backed off and pulled the remote out....

*Crunch!!!*

And destroyed it. Much to the shock of everyone else.

"I concede, Steven Universe. You win." Shigaraki said before walking away as the Class 1-A looked on in stunned silence before rushing up to Steven and engulfing him in a group hug!

"Heh. Not bad, Steven. You did good." Bakugo said with a chuckle.

"Don't ever scare us like that again, though! Seriously, what were you thinking, lowering your Shield like that?!? Don't ever take a gamble like that again, do you understand me?!?" Momo snapped as Steven simply smiled in reply as Tsuyu then blushed and kissed him.

"*Ribbit* Come on. Let's get back to UA." She said as they all headed back to UA where Steven would get a hero's welcome.

Steven did it! Looks like he gave Shiggy something to consider and think about!

See ya next chapter!

Lurkerbelow

Endie_287

Craftfury

FilippoMasiero2