Chapter 67 - Any thoughts?

Start from the beginning

"Wow, wow, stop right there!" Allegra held her hand up to shut him up. "Dean, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Didn't you just say you wanted to go down on me and lick maple syrup off... me?" 

Allegra tilted her head at him.

"I haven't said a word the entire time you were cooking. I was just watching you."

"But I heard you..."

His words fell away when he heard Allegra's voice again. There was only one problem; her lips weren't moving. 

"What the hell is going on? How does he know what I was thinking? Did I say something out loud without realizing it?"

Dean moved around the counter and stood right in front of Allegra. He looked straight into her eyes, and Allegra shifted uncomfortably. 

"What is he doing now? Why is he looking at me like that? Oh God, do I have something on my face?"

"No... No, your face is beautiful," said Dean. 

"Well, thank y-..." Allegra gasped. "Dean, how did you know I was thinking about my face?"

"I-I'm not sure. But I heard you loud and clear, just as I'm hearing you now."

They stared at each other, unsure of what to make of this. The oven timer went off and made the couple jump. Dean stepped back to the oven, not wanting to let a perfectly good meal (or so he hoped) go to waste. They might as well discuss this unexpected turn of events over breakfast. Brunch. Whatever.

***

"Oh my God, Dean, this is incredible!" exclaimed Allegra after taking a bite of the pancake sandwich. "You're making me breakfast every day, mister!"

"Guess I'll have to find some other recipes, then." 

Allegra beamed at him and took another bite. Now that she smelled and tasted food, she realized how hungry she actually was. They hadn't eaten anything last night, and the lemon meringue pie was still on the end of the counter where she left it to cool off. They hadn't even made it to the drive-in. Not that watching Willie Wonka could've ever topped the activity they'd done instead, but she had been looking forward to their date. 

"Okay, so let's go over everything calmly now," said Dean when they finished eating. 

"Right. Okay, do you... God, this is crazy, but do you think this happened because we... had sex? You couldn't hear my thoughts before we slept together, could you? I mean, that's the only thing that changed in the last 24 hours, so... if we look at this logically..."

"Yeah, maybe." Dean poured himself another cup of coffee while Allegra was still on her tea. "I thought you were talking to me before in bed as well, but now that I think of it, you had your face averted or covered with your hands. I must've been picking up on your thoughts then too."

Allegra realized he was right. It certainly would explain some of the reactions he'd given. This was insane. 

"We sure it wasn't the hellion, though?" offered Dean. 

"What would be her gain in having our minds linked?" countered Allegra. 

"I don't know, but she did say we were the ones she was really after."

Lady Aosoth indeed mentioned something about a mutually beneficial arrangement, hadn't she? Her first suspect was Crowley, but the bastard would never jeopardize his own deal with her, and how would he even know Dean was back? Then again, it wouldn't be the first time he sent a little spy after Allegra. Just because demons couldn't get close to the house didn't mean they weren't around town. But what did he stand to gain from having Allegra and Dean sleep together? Unless he was counting on killing Dean that way...